Author Pageviews tracks page views on a per author basis and makes it accessible for monthly reporting and CSV exports. The goal of the plugin is to help content publishers who monetize their sites via CPM based advertising better track and compensate their authors. The plugin is properly escaped and secure. It has been tested with W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache. It might not properly work with some CSS magnification schemes so please test on your site and compare to Google analytics.
Author Pageviews Featers:
- Pageview tracking by author.
- Admin reporting screen with time selection and CSV export functionality.
- Ability for an admin to assign CPM compensation on a per author basis.
- Author profile reporting that allows authors to see their page views and compensation.
Author Pageviews supports:
- W3 Total Cache and WP Super Cache
- Proper WordPress plugin coding including secure escaping.
- Author and Administrator functionality.
Please understand that this is a free, open source plugin. Still, we are committed to security and quality. Visit the plugins website and provide us feedback. We want your input and do strive to make it better.
The Author Pageview Plugin installation is a snap.
- Upload the ‘genesis-featured-press’ folder’ to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure User CPM rate in a User Profile if you wish to assign $ values.
- Leave User CPM rate as 0 in the User Profile if you just want to track views.
- What if I don’t want to pay my authors but just want to track page views?
In order to keep things simple, we do not have a configuration screen to turn off monetization. However, you can put their CPM compensation to $0. We purposely do not attract a lot of attention the the Author Profile tracking feature. Maybe in a future release.
- What happens if I run minification?
We actually use CSS as part of our accuracy in counting page views. Unfortunately, if you use CSS minification, we might not work properly with it. We had to make some design choices and all of our sites are based off of frameworks with super clean CSS and we do not minify. In fact, our past experiences with magnification corruption have just steered us clear of the topic all together.
Contributors & Developers
“Author Page Views” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Initial release which included live testing on MidwestSportsFans.Com and Picchore.Com.
Minor UI tweaking and the addition of this read me file.