This plugin does the same thing as the the_author tag, displays the author name, only this time it’s linked to hidden layer (div). By clicking on the author link the hidden layer(div) pop’s up with author info gathered from the profile page, plus gravatar photo (if author email is assigned with one).
- xhtml,css valid.
- Tested in FF, Opera, IE6/7, Chrome and Safari.
- Comes with separate css file for easier modification.
You can see the plugin in use by clicking here.
Installation is simple and should not take you more than 2 minutes.
- Upload ‘author-exposed’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it! Although you might need to place (if you haven’t already or if it’s not included in your theme)
<?php the_author_posts_link(); ?>where you want the author link to appear (must be inside the loop)
Contributors & Developers
“Author Exposed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Fixed wp auto installation.
- Changed dir name.
- Used hook to replace wp function – author posts link.
- Fixed z-index issue.