The Author Bio Widget displays some basic information about the author of the page or post being viewed.
The bio includes the author’s gravatar, nickname and bio information as set in the user profile.
The author’s name will also link to the main blogroll filtered by content from the same author.
The widget settings include a custom title and a size option for the gravatar ( profile picture ).
Developed by PHP Hosting Experts CatN
- Upload the
author-bio-widgetdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add widget through the WordPress widgets menu and customise.
- Which name will be used in the bio?
The ‘Nickname’ field will be used in the author bio and can be managed from the user profile in the admin menu.
- Why is no author information being displayed?
Make sure the ‘Biographical Info’ field is completed in the user profile settings.
- What if the author has no gravatar?
WordPress provides a default gravatar for any authors without one.
The default can be changed in the admin menu under discussion settings.
Contributors & Developers
“Author Bio Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First Release.