This plugin allows blog admins to create a revenue sharing program utilising one of the many advertising programs out there i.e Google Adsense, Amazon, Allposters etc. It can also be used as a banner manager, author photo/website widgets.. actually it has about a zillion uses. Give it a try and lemme know if you use it for anything really groovy. This plugin was first created around 10 years ago and is still chugging along just fine.
Admin has complete control over:
- The percentage of author adverts to admin adverts.
- The user level that an author has to be before they get to participate in the revenue sharing program.
- Whether to randomise author ads on the front page of the blog.
- The page that authors see before entering their publisher id.
- Custom fields where you can collect additional information from your authors and display it.
- The positioning and content of ads.
- Up to three Author Advertising widgets.
- The information that authors enter.
- The whole thing needs a re-write and some new features wouldn’t go amiss, still works though 🙂
- When are you finally going to update this plugin?
That’s a very good question. I’ve been working on a completely rewritten plugin for a long time now but I just can’t seem to get the time to sit down and get it finished off!
- What if I want to use Adsense as my advertising program?
You modify the Author Page and let your users know that you’re using Adsense. You check one of the custom fields and give it the title of Adsense Slot ID or something similar. Then the author will put their publisher ID and slot ID information into their page. Remember to put your own defaults in the custom default slots so that your own ads show properly. Check out the manual (included with the zip and also linked from the plugin options page) for more help on setting up Adsense.
- Can I use this for more than just advertising?
Yes you can put any HTML code into the boxes. PHP won’t work though. You could use this plugin to insert a widget that displays the author’s picture or some other author information. It’ll still rotate with your information unless you set your admin percentage to 0% then it’ll just be for authors. On the front page if you randomise ads then all of your author’s information/picture etc would be rotated.
- Is this plugin compatible with WordPress x.x.x?
- How can I fine-tune who gets to share in my ad revenue?
You can use the Members plugin to create new user roles and then check out the options page again.
- Where can I get support?
You can contact me using the forums here or by emailing me firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updated the version since it’s been tested in the latest WordPress.
- Fixed a bug that stopped the slot ID’s from rotating correctly. Thank you Kristi from bemuseme.com for bringing this bug to my attention.
- Updated four PHP shortcodes to the full PHP tag for server compatibility.
- Updated the way the plugin searches for the right slot ID to use with the publisher ID. Now users can have the same publisher ID and different slot ID’s.
- Fixed the widget so it works.
- Updated the link to the advert places.
- Updated all the URL’s and email addresses.
- Fixed the undefined variables messages.
- Still working in the latest release of WordPress. No new features just removing the notices from Extend.
- User roles are now more flexible allowing you to fine tune the permissions.
- More changes are on their way so stay tuned.