This plugin renders an audio player and playlist for all audio elements within a page. It pulls together audio files listed in posts (typically in the excerpts in posts) and provide a single player to control them. It also keeps track of the play point and can even continue to play the audio on subsequent pages that it is listed on.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Audio Envelope
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Why would you want to use this?
This plugin was designed for podcasters who might want to show their episodes from one season within one player. By creating individual posts for each episode and then adding the audio to the displayed text (ie. excerpt), a central player is rendered, pulling together all the audio into a playlist and single player. It hides the individual audio players and replaces it with a simple play button that is connected to the player.
Use Audio Envelope as a way to feature a collection of audio on a single page.
This is a ‘feature’ of how your site is working. In order to support audio continuing to play, the content of your site needs to load dynamically, using something like React. If this is important to your site consider looking for a REACT-based theme, or seek out a developer who can build this functionality for you. It is possible, but beyond the scope of this plugin.
Audio Envelope does however, support continuous play if the same audio remains on all pages that you navigate to.
We are also exploring ways to ‘carry’ the audio around with you, however the audio will pause because as the page changes.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Audio Envelope” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release
- Fixing issues with text and description selectors
- Adding options for adjusting these selectors
- Fixed issue with active state of audio
- Excluding title and description from localStorage to catch change in the page
- Added deactivation param, for demo purposes
- Fixed issue with state without currentTime
- Sorted out issues with JS not properly finding title and description
- Added Gutenberg block to improve accuracy of defining multiple audio envelopes in a post
- Improved settings, so you can activate or deactivate player side-wide or on individual posts
- Improved options, including putting them into one options field
- Fixed bug with scrolling to active track
- Upgrade babel + lodash to deal with security issue
- Adding Elementor skin for Elementors Posts Widget, so posts with Gutenberg AE blocks are rendered instead of all of the content
- Removed error message when Elementor is not installed, as it is not required
- Updated npm libraries with security vulnerabilities
- Fixed unhidden default player