ATbar is a cross browser accessibility toolbar which can be added to a user’s browser or alternatively, for developers, the toolbar launcher can be embedded on a website. The toolbar is available in both English and Arabic.
The ATbar offers a collection of user preferences for interacting with websites such as text enlargement, increased line spacing, font, style and size changes with the options of different background colours and accessible webpages (WordPress is accessible). There is an option to use a dictionary, text-to-speech and spell checking.
If you wish to create your own version of the toolbar with different features, go to http://marketplace.atbar.org. You can then you the toolbar for your personal browsing or add it to this plugin for use on your WordPress site.
Developed by the ECS Accessibility Team at the University of Southampton.
- Licensed under the BSD Licence.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- View the options in
- To activate ATbar on each page select the ATbar logo in the top centre of the page (customisable in the options)
- ATbar Plugin Guide
The ATbar Plugin Guide has detailed information on how to set up the plugin as well as useful information about it’s functions.
- A question that someone might have
Contributors & Developers
“Plugin Name: ATbar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Minor bug in widget class
- Works fully with HTTPS
- Links for toolbar and image upgrade to HTTPS
- Automactially loads latest version of ATbar
- Added shortcode – use [atbar] in posts and pages to put ATbar launcher there
- Added shortcode alignment option to options page
- Options page updated with headings and descriptions
- Minor bug fixes and code tidy ups
- Added widget class rather than independent sidebar widget
- Changed file structure of plugin to support WordPress plugin auto installer
- Supports different toolbar versions – currently English, Arabic & ATbar Marketplace
- Toolbars from http://marketplace.atbar.org can be used (customisable the toolbars)
- Greater page exclusion options
- Overhauled and cleaned code
- Improved admin interface
- Supports Arabic
- Uses ATbar 2.0 – now at http://www.atbar.org
- Much more stable and with upgraded features
- Updated toolbar launcher – now at http://www.atbar.org
- Widget aligned center
- Toolbar update
- Bug fix – toolbar not loading in specific theme
- ATbar sidebar widget added
- The option to turn off launcher images at the top of the page (mainly for use when using the widget)
- CSS loading fix
- Additional admin options – allows pages to be excluded when toolbar is persistent
- CSS loads with WordPress CSS
- Stable release