FlyPlugins presents Ascending Posts Plugin.
Have you ever wanted to shift the order of your posts to ascending by date opposed to descending?
This plugin adds a feature to a post category to allow the posts in that particular category to be displayed in ascending or descending order by date.
When you go to edit your category, you will have 2 options:
This will automatically display posts on that category page ascending/descending based on your specification.
Check out FlyPlugins
For more info about FlyPlugins Free and Premium Plugins, check out the following links:
- WP Courseware LMS plugin for WordPress – The best LMS online for WordPress.
- S3 Media Maestro – The best HTML 5 secure media player for WordPress that works hand in hand with Amazon S3.
- Other Fly Plugins WordPress Plugins by Fly Plugins.
- Follow Fly Plugins on Facebook
- Check out the Fly Plugins YouTube channel.
- Upload the
ascending-postsfolder into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin by going into Posts–>Categories, then click a category in which you would like to modify the post order, then select Ascending or Descending.
- Does this plugin sort both ascending and descending
Just not working on my WP site.
As soon I select Ascending in category options the category page comes blank.
This is seriously a lifesaver for me because I was trying to find a way to reorder the posts in select categories without having to custom build templates. I spent a long time yesterday looking for a plugin that adds ordering options to the category edit window and here you have one! I came across this plugin by accident actually when searching Google.
I read the 1-star reviews here, but I gave this a try and have to say this worked for me. Now, if you plan any future updates of features, you may want to consider adding the option of “orderby” as well. Still, being able to set ASC to my theme tutorial categories just made my day!
I wanted something that would allow my home page posts to continue to display the most recent post, but category posts to display in order for a story, this does the trick.
It does what it says!
The plugin works till about version 4.4 then does not function anymore.
This did exactly what I wanted to to. I installed it, activated it, went to Posts -> Categories, clicked Edit, scrolled down to the drop down box and clicked “Ascending” and saved the changes.
I refreshed the category and the posts were in ascending order. Perfect.
Contributors & Developers
“Ascending Posts by FlyPlugins” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated plugin metaboxes.
- Updated the resources page, adding back the latest news metabox.
- Updated the resources page.
- Fixed bug with going to page 2 or “older posts” link at the bottom of category archive page.
- Initial release