The fundamentals of securing your website. We believe in fixing security issues at the root, while keeping user convenience high. Arevico basic security helps you by:
- requiring associated email to use as a login username
- Enforce strong password
- Enforce reset of weak passwords
- Enforce password expiration after a specified amount of days
- Hide or customize login error message
- Lockout an account after too may failed login attempts
- Send an email with a reset link to the email associated with the locked account.
You can determine which options you want to set in the admin menu.
- Network site compatible
We plan on adding more security features. So be sure to contact us if you have a great idea.
Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
Can I lock myself out?
Yes, it is only possible after you’ve configured the plugin. To prevent it, check your registered email before checking ‘require email logon’. If you lock yourself out, you can always remove the plugin via FTP. For any other lockout mechanism we employ reset links and timed lockout mechanism.
Is this WPMU (Network site) compatible
Yes, it is tested for networkbased websites and it works as expected.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Arevico Security Basic” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors