Let's face it, if you need to watch a detailed video or read a full-blown user manual in order to use a portfolio plugin, something's gone terribly wrong. A plugin like that should be simple to setup and use and integrate tightly with WordPress providing the smallest learning curve possible to get up and running quickly -- and that's exactly what Arconix Portfolio offers.
Get your basic portfolio up in 5 easy steps:
- Install and activate this plugin, of course
- Under the new Portfolio menu item click "Add New"
- Enter your Portfolio details including uploading an image, assigning features (if desired), and selecting what you want to have happen when the portfolio image is clicked.
- Create a new Page, place
[portfolio] into the main editor box and click Publish
- Sit back and marvel at the awesomeness you've just unleashed upon the internets.
Like all good software there are additional ways to customize the look and behavior of your portfolio. I suggest you take a peek at the documentation which lays out the various ways you can make your portfolio more personal.
- Custom Post Type-driven portfolio showcases your work, keeping it separate from posts, pages and other content types.
- Custom Taxonomy called "Features" allows you to "tag" your portfolio items which creates a filter list for a unique and practical way of presenting that info to your visitors
- jQuery Quicksand for filtering animation (when using the 'features' taxonomy) shows and hides your different portfolio items
- Individually set hyperlinks on portfolio items -- link to the portfolio item's page, a different/larger version of the portfolio image or even link to another web site entirely (perfect for client sites, YouTube or Vimeo videos, etc...). Mix and match to meet your individual needs.
- Supports upgrade-safe CSS changes -- Copy the CSS file from the plugin directory to your theme and the plugin will load your file instead, ensuring no conflicts and no worrying about future updates overwriting customizations.
Add the [portfolio] shortcode to your post, page or other content area. Customizations are available and can be access via shortcode options which you can read about in the plugin documentation
WordPress support forum or feel free to open an issue on GitHub.
- Display your portfolio items in a rotating slider or multi-image carousel by installing Arconix Flexslider and give your portfolio a boost!
- Showcase the great things people have to say about you or your business by installing Arconix Testimonials