Display indexes based on the dates (years, months and days archives), authors and taxonomy terms for quick navigation and filtering of posts with various customization options available for each shortcode or block used.
The plugin uses shortcodes for each of the archive indexes. This includes three shortcodes, each one with various attributes to configure the index and styling. And, the plugin also includes three blocks for the Gutenberg Block Editor. Each block can be configured via the Block Sidebar.
Block Editor Blocks
- Dates Archives Index
- Authors Archives Index
- Terms Archives Index
All blocks are available under ‘ArchivesPress’ block category.
- Dates Archives Index:
- Authors Archives Index:
- Terms Archives Index:
To learn more about each shortcode, available attributes and get some examples, make sure to check out the knowledge base for this plugin.
Other Features Overview
- SASS based styling
- CSS using variables and flex
- Two layouts for every shortcode
- Change colors and font via shortcode
- Support for RTL orientation
- Fully responsive styling
- Load styling file only when needed
Home, Knowledge Base, Support and GitHub
This plugin provides 3 blocks.
- PHP: 7.0 or newer
- WordPress: 5.0 or newer
- The plugin doesn’t work with PHP 5.6 or older versions.
- The plugin doesn’t work with WordPress 4.9 or older versions.
- Plugin folder in the WordPress plugins folder should be
archivespressfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Plugin doesn’t have any settings and it doesn’t add any panels to WordPress administration.
How can I add blocks to my posts?
All three blocks registered by this plugin are listed under ‘ArchivesPress’ block category.
Where can I configure the plugin?
The plugin doesn’t have any global settings or configuration panels.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“ArchivesPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Version: 2.1 / August 3, 2021
- New: tested with the new WordPress 5.8
- New: built with the updated core libraries
- New: blocks in editor wrapped in Disabled control
- New: improved with SVG icons for all blocks
Version: 2.0 / May 1, 2021
- New: blocks for the gutenberg block editor
- New: additional wrapper for each index block
- New: options/attributes to hide posts counts
- New: show post counts for the dates index days
- New: show months using names or numbers only
- New: requires WordPress 5.3 or newer
- Edit: various tweaks and improvements to rendering
- Edit: several smaller styling improvements
- Edit: translation strings include extra information
Version: 1.0 / April 22, 2021
- New: first official version