With this Plugin you can automatically add text or html to content that is copied from your page.
If a visitor copies any kind of text from the website, a link to the page is appended, so if it is pasted elsewhere, a link to the page is maintained.
right now you can:
- specify the Read more link text, default: Read more at:
- how many
tags should be inserted below the copied text and the link or copyright notice
- specify if you want the current page title included
- make every copy link to the main page
- decide if you want the site title to be appended
- see previews of HTML and text versions of the copied text and link
I plan to increase the functionality with:
- some internationalisation
- if somebody wants to contribute legacy IE support I’ll include that
project on github: https://github.com/JonathanMH/Append-Link-on-Copy
Contributer wanted for GPLv3 support
- Will this work perfectly in all browsers?
Yes. Internet Explorer is not a browser.
Doesn't currently work if pasting from IE or Opera, but this is probably not too important:
Most intelligent blog owners will not be using IE anyway, and most have not yet realized how good Opera is.
I don't currently use pagination, so cannot say if this plugin messes with that or not.
I am having no problems on using this. I heard about this plugin over on the WordPress Plugins A to Z podcast and was something i was looking for. A little surprised of the rating but with only three that is kind of understandable. but no problems works great in Chrome and Firefox
version bump, link replace string
- naming fix
- assign label that comes before the link
- decide if the page title should be included in the link