Harness the power of appear.in by embedding secure peer-to-peer video chat rooms on a self-hosted WordPress site via the [appear_in] shortcode.
In order for this plugin to operate properly within a Chrome browser, the shortcode must be embedded on a webpage served with the HTTPS protocol.
type=”public,private,post“ (default: public)
public_room_button=”” (default: Public Room)
private_room_button=”” (default: Private Room)
post_room_button=”” (default: Post Room)
position=”left,bottom,inline“ (default: left)
Set a custom public room name, specify which room buttons are shown on a page, change the button text, determine where rooms will be displayed, and set height of inline rooms.
Custom settings for appear.in WordPress are found on the Settings > Media admin page.
- Room Button Color
- Public Room Name: define a public room name for default use in shortcode
If a public room name has not been explicitly defined in settings or shortcode, then the default public room expires daily.
The ‘post’ room type will generate a public room with name of the current post.
Button for toggling room visibility.
Button for toggling room position.
Buttons for inviting others via Twitter, Facebook, and email.
The following function can be used to include rooms:
aiwp_include( $args );
$args = array( 'room' => '', 'type' => 'public', 'public_room_button' => 'Public Room', 'private_room_button' => 'Private Room', 'post_room_button' => 'Post Room', 'position' => 'left', );
Documentation and implementation can be viewed here.
- Upload the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Ensure pages are served via HTTPS.
Silence is golden.
Contributors & Developers
“appear.in WP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Bump compatibility to WP 4.6
- Redirects to app on iOS
- Removes protocol from post room names
- Fix for hidden controls when toggling position
- Utilizes new API calls
- Adds option to position room fied to left (new default)
- Adds option to toggle room position between bottom and left
- Repositions plugin function buttons
- Adds shortcode option to position room – defaults to bottom fixed
- Allows toggling visibility of active rooms
- Adds shortcode option to set height of inline room
- Overlays invite buttons on room
- Fix display of notices in admin
- Fixes invitation URLs when using default permalink structure
- Auto-scrolls browser to the room when visiting from an invite
- Checks brightness of button color and sets text color accordingly
- A fix when embedding on secure sites
- Replaced email invitation form with social invitations (Facebook, Twitter, Email)
- Removed stats
- Added option to select button color
- Readme edit
- Added confirmation to leave once a session has been triggered
- CSS edits
- Added link to the non-embedded, full room at appear.in
- Fixed call to ajaxurl in certain situations.
- Fixed various PHP notices
- Added display of local invitation URL
- Updated side notice class
- Readme edits
- Modified & Refined filters
- Added shortcode parameters for button text
- Refined filters
- Added room type parameter to shortcode (defaults to public)
- Removed allowed types from options
- Added number of allowable invites parameter to shortcode
- Added room type ‘post’
- Added ‘aiwp_include’ function for use in themes
- Fixed call to included files
- Minor readme edit to show correct version
- Removed function used during development
- Adding repository images
- Initial Release