The Ardent Pixels’ Extended MIME Types plugin was created specifically for WPMS in mind. You can now allow all or only select blogs to upload a WIDE range of file types.
Included MIME Types:
= Donations =
Feel free to donate if you liked this plugin.
- Do I need to do anything else for AP Extended MIME Types to work?
Nope, just upload and activate. There are not options, so the code’ll do the rest.
- How do I add a new MIME type?
Edit mime-types.txt to add/remove MIME types. Add your new MIME type in this format: extension content/type. For example:
- pdf application/pdf
- mid,midi audio/midi
For more file and formatting examples, view the mime-types.txt file. Also, a full list of MIME types is kept up on the IANA website.
- What in the world is a MIME?
No, MIMEs are not white-faced, beret-sporting people who live in a “box”. MIMEs are Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions.
- ap-extended-mime-types.php, line 44: changed double quotes to single
- mime-types.txt: changed commas to pipettes
- “doc,dot,word,w6w” now upload correctly
- Removed .htm & .html as allowed file types
- First release