AntiVirus for WordPress is a easy-to-use, safe tool to harden your WordPress site against exploits, malware and spam injections.
You can configure AntiVirus to perform an automated daily scan of your theme files and database tables. If the plugin happens to detect any suspicious code injections, it will send out a notification to a previously configured e-mail address.
In case your WordPress site has been hacked, AntiVirus will help you to become aware of the problem very quickly in order for you to take immediate action.
- Virus alert in the admin bar
- Cleaning up after plugin removal
- Translations into many languages
- Daily scan with email notifications
- Database tables and theme templates checks
- WordPress 3.x ready: both visually and technically
- Whitelist solution: Mark suspected cases as “no virus”
- Manual check of template files with alerts on suspected cases
- Optional: Google Safe Browsing for malware and phishing monitoring.
Für eine ausführliche Dokumentation besuche bitte das AntiVirus-Wiki.
- German formal
- If you don’t know how to install a plugin for WordPress, here’s how.
- PHP 5.2.4 or greater
- WordPress 3.8 or greater
- Will AntiVirus protect my site from being hacked?
Not literally “protect from”. The plugin’s purpose is to detect any “hack” that has already happened and enable you to take immediate action upon it.
Hopefully I will not need to test it’s limits 🙂 Thanks!
Does exactly what it offers.
Contributors & Developers
“AntiVirus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“AntiVirus” has been translated into these 7 locales: Japanese, German (Formal), English (UK), English (Canada), English (Australia), German (Switzerland) Informal, English (New Zealand). Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- generated a POT file
- added German formal translation
- updated, translated + formatted README.md
- updated expired link URLs in plugin and languages files
- updated plugin authors
- Deutsch: Erkennung der MailPoet-Sicherheitslücke
- English: Detection and warning for the MailPoet Vulnerability
- Deutsch: Aktualisierung auf Safe Browsing Lookup API 3.1
- English: Update the Google Safe Browsing Lookup API to v3.1
- Deutsch: Code-Revision und Datenvalidierung
- English: Code revision and data validation
- Deutsch: Optimierungen für WordPress 3.8
- English: Optimizations for WordPress 3.8
- Deutsch: Benachrichtigung per E-Mail, sobald Google Safe Browsing Malware im Blog erkennt. Mehr auf Google+
- English: Google Safe Browsing for malware and phishing monitoring.
- Add inspection for iFrames
- Retina support for teaser and screenshot
- Remove the check for include and require commands (#wpforce)
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.4
- High-resolution plugin icon for retina displays
- Remove icon from the admin sidebar
- System requirements: From PHP 5.0 to PHP 5.1
- Xmas Edition
- “Virus suspected” alert in the admin bar
- Fix for the manual scan link on dashboard
- More detailed checks for existing malware
- Code adjustments for WordPress 3.3
- Testing for templates with empty content
- Minimum requirement upgraded to 2.8 and PHP5
- Code improvements for more speed
- GUI changes
- More security checks (Email & Regexp)
- Changes for the current WordPress virus
- Support for WordPress 3.0
- System requirements: WordPress 2.7
- Code optimization
- Advanced templates check
- WordPress 2.9 support
- Add security scan for the current WordPress permalink back door
- Software architecture changes
- Adds support for WordPress new changelog readme.txt standard
- Various changes for more speed, usability and security
- Add alternate e-mail address (admin e-mail address as default)
- Admin notice on dashboard where it has found the virus suspicion
- Added blog URL in e-mail
- WordPress 2.8 support
- Check for hidden iframes
- Bugfix for IE problem with box positions
- Cleanup the source code
- Language support for Persian
- Whitelist: Mark the suspicion as “No virus”
- Improving the output formatting
- Add WPlize library for option data
- Language support for Italian
- AntiVirus for WordPress goes online