AngularJS for WordPress was created to help anyone leverage the power of AngularJS and easily add it into their own theme.
AngularJS is a client-side template framework that lets you extend HTML vocabulary for your applications. It has a markup more similar to what HTML used to be. HTML its not a dynamic language by itself, with AngularJS it is.
AngularJS for WordPress includes several directives (html elements) that will help you easily add in a block for a single post/page or a list. More directives will be added in.
WordPress shortcodes for directives are also included to avoid any confusion with code
For even easier use for specific pages a new post meta box has been added. If selected the AngularJS directive will take over loading the content of the page client-side. This feature uses the post-content.html template.
View documentation for how to utilize the directives and shortcodes
- Download zipped archive of plugin
- Log into your WordPress dashboard and add the new plugin via upload
- Activate the plugin
- Make sure you have the JSON REST API v2 plugin also activated
- View documentation for how to utilize the directives
- Why use AngularJS?
AngularJS renders your posts client-side. WordPress is built on PHP, so every page a user visits is converted to HTML on the server, then served to the client. With ANgularJS you are only getting a JSON Object (text) from the server
then renderring that to HTML using the client’s machine. This will speed up your pages as well as allow for more concurrent visitors to your site as the strain on the server is reduced.
Very nice, simple and light weight code.
Good job Roy Sivan.
Contributors & Developers
“AngularJS for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
ng-postwith cat id support added
- shortcodes [ng-posts] and [ng-post] added
- custom post & page meta box for display page content created
- new custom template added for displaying content on a single post or page (post-content.html)
- Updated to Angular 1.3.5
- Fixed 404 issue with angular.min.js.map
- Added in per-page for directives and shortcode for setting posts_per_page
- Updated documentation website and readme
- Added Taxonomy and post type to new post creation
- Fix for new post template fixing issue
- Child Theme Support
- Adding in HTML Janitor – fixing issue
- Now works with JSON REST API v2 beta with v1 fallback
- Adding in fix for AngularJS FireBase Chat Room plugin shortcode
- ONLY SUPPORTS JSON REST API V2