Allows plugins and themes to be updated using the standard WordPress plugin or theme update process.
When you want to update a custom plugin or theme but don’t have an automated process
then you can use this plugin to allow you to install a new version of a plugin or theme
without having to delete the existing plugin or theme.
Tested with WordPress 4.7 and WordPress MultiSite.
- Does this work on WordPress MultiSite?
Yes. Use it as a super administrator.
- Can I downgrade a plugin or theme?
You’ll be able to do it, but whether or not the system works afterwards depends on the plugin or theme.
- Can I leave the plugin active?
- Why doesn’t WordPress allow this anyway?
Safety and security; just in case you overwrite the latest version with a back level.
WordPress expects to receive most of its updates automatically, not via a manual upload process.
- Where can I read more?
- Changed: The PHPUnit tests in the GitHub version for WordPress 4.7 compatibility. See [github bobbingwide oik-batch issue 16]
- Tested: With WordPress 4.7
- Changed: Added PHPUnit tests in the GitHub version [github bobbingwide allow-reinstalls issues 1]
- Tested: With WordPress 4.6
- Added: New plugin – to allow oik-weightcountryshipping-pro to be updated using WordPress Plugin Install