Allow Categories is a plugin that allows you to permission different user to view only specific categories within your wordpress blog. Its a modification of L. Fargue’s Restrict (http://stknights.free.fr/?p=69) categories plugin.
Users are assigned permissions to view posts in certain categories
If users don’t have permission to certain posts, those posts aren’t shown, including in the main view and archives. As of version 0.4.0 there is now a list of categories that are public (visible to all users).
This is an initial version, so please report any errors or bugs.
Previous versions required installation of ac_authenticator.php (http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/angsumans-authenticated-wordpress-plugin-password-protection-for-your-wordpress-blog/). This code is now optionally included.
Additional contributions from:
Pascaline Chotard (email@example.com) http://www.digitalys.com
Copy to your wp-content/plugins directory
Activate within wordpress admin
- For more information see http://jameslow.com/2007/12/02/allow-categories/
- Such and such still shows up?
Certain things are not possible without modifying wordpress code content is hidden, but these include:
* When viewing a single post, the back / forward may point to hidden posts
* Recent comments widget / in the admin still show up
* Hidden Categories / archives with hidden posts still show up
- No wait, something really isn’t work!
Post a comment here http://jameslow.com/2007/12/02/allow-categories/ and I’ll see what I can do.