Ajax Search is a simple instant posts search widget. In the results shows only published posts.
- Install Ajax Search either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it. You’re ready to go!
- How can be customized the template for this ajax search?
Define your custom CSS rules in your theme’s CSS file.
- How can I add post thumbnail or excerpt or any other information into the result list?
You can do it if you are a developer, the result template is in /ajax/simple-search.php
I do not recommend modifying the plugin .
- Why it does not exists post thumbnail / featured image in the result list?
There exists lot of common issue like some posts have post thumbnail other posts don’t have so the layout will screw up.
If you have an idea how to solve it easily I will add to this plugin.
Does not work for me – nothing happens, and since there is no settings page, it is not easy to find out why. I am just reaching out for one of the other plugins.
Contributors & Developers
“Ajax Search” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- [Test] WordPress 4.4.1
- [Test] WordPress 4.3.2
- [Test] WordPress 4.3.1
- [Test] WordPress 4.3.0
- [Test]: WordPress 4.2.1
- [Test]: WordPress 4.0
- New: Remember the last searched string and always display the result
- Change: Ajax search engine rewritten, now it’s using the WP Ajax.
- New: Add placeholder for the search input field
- Change: Perform search if the search string contains at least 2 chars.
- Fix: Optimize performance
- Test: WordPress 3.9.2
- Test: WordPress 3.9.1
- Fix: Show only published posts in result list
- New: Bold the searching string in the result list
- Fix: Update to WordPress 3.8
- Optimize response time
- Load jquery if not included yet.
- First version.