This widget allows you to display an Airliners.net aviation picture on your website. You can easily choose between a random picture, the “Top Of Yesterday” picture, or a specific picture by specifying the picture ID in the widget’s parameters.
The widget uses a class called “widget_airliners_widget” allowing you to enforce some rendering, as the default block provided by Airliners.net is black with white writing.
Included is airliners-widget.css style sheet that shows how to get the block with gray writing and transparent background. Feel free to edit this file to suit your needs !
This widget comes out of the box with french and german translations.
This widget also supports shortcodes !
Just add a [airliners] shortcode to any of you posts and you’ll get a random Airliners.net picture by default !
The shortcode supports two parameters : imgtype and imgid.
* imgtype indicates what type of picture you want to show, it can take one of these values : random, yesterday, picture
* imgid sets the id of the specific picture you want to show, if ‘picture’ has been set to imgtype
Shortcode usage samples :
Displays the top of yesterday’s pictures.
[airliners imgtype=’picture’ imgid=’123456′]
Displays the picture corresponding to id ‘123456’.
- Upload the zipfile to the
- Extract and remove it
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Drag the new widget to desired sidebar, choose a title (or not) for the widget and select the image type.
Contributors & Developers
“Airliners Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Airliners Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested up to WordPress 4.2.2
- Added translation capabilities
- Included french and german translations
- Tested compatibility up to WordPress 3.9
- Initial release