This plugin collects and aggregates all errors created by WordPress and it’s plugins. It de-dupes and lets developers know how to fix issues fast.
It requires an API key from http://airbrake.io. It collects errors from staging and production so you identiy bugs and exceptions and fix them fast, with full backtrace data.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Install Airbrake either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- After activating Airbrake, you need to sign up at http://airbrake.io for an API Key.
- If you don’t yet have a Airbrake.io account, you can quickly create one at Airbrake.
- You’re setup. Exceptions will get e-mailed straight after they hit our system.
- What is an Exception?
An exception happens when part of your WordPress site crashes. On its own, WordPress is not setup to deal with errors gracefully. This means you get an ugly error message that makes it difficult to determine what exactly went wrong.
- Why should I install this?
Plugins can often cause parts of your WordPress site to crash and stall. This plugin lets you quickly identify broken plugins, and send that information to your developers (or handle it yourself) FAST.
Contributors & Developers
“Airbrake” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First Release. Woot Woot. Please leave feedback on the Airbrake-Wordpress Github Repo.