This plugin hasn’t been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.

Advanced Twitter Widget

Description

Plugin Description:
A widget that will enable visitors to add twitter account or return search results, with a custom number of maximum results per account/search. It’s easy to use , flexible and has multiple displays by two(so far) types of content. More will be added in future versions..
Update: 1.0.1 Small design issue
Update: 1.0.2 I’ve got 1 report of a error for a code that i replaced recently with a better one.

DONATE!

DONATE HERE – (any ammount using paypal or credit card)

Screenshots

  • Example in Widget Admin

Installation

Upload the Advanced Twitter Widget plugin to your blog(in the wp-content/plugins directory) (be sure to upload the “advanced-twitter-plugin” directory or it will not work.

Activate it in the plugins menu in your wp-admin control panel and voila! you’re done!

FAQ

How do i place the widget where i want it to be?

Go in the admin panel under Appearance -> Widgets and place the widget in your desired sidebar, in a specific place.
(drag and drop if on wp 2.8) or drag and save if < wp 2.8

Contributors & Developers

“Advanced Twitter Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.

Contributors

Changelog

1.0.3

Small Design fix – Widget compatible with all themes now=1.0.4=
Small fix of html entities and added all languages as default search for twitter

=1.1=
before widget text
– after widget text
– before title text
– after title text
– use image option
– use link option (converts text start with ‘http://’ and twitter macros (‘@’ and ‘#’) into clickable links)

+ The generated code is valid, so the SGML validator won’t alert for invalid HTML elements in JS code.
+ List item CSS classes (odd, even) intead of inline style
+ some bug fixes caused HTML validation errors

Curtesy of Gixx
=1.1.2=
fixed the reported regexp bug, and also made some code-beautification:

– RegExp fix to not include invalid characters into twitter macro links
– some more validation fixes
– a bit of code optimalization
– each part of the twitter now has its own SPAN tag, to make it easier for styling (remember: #twitter_div span{display:block;} may come in handy)

Warning: existing layout desing may break upon updating!
The new structure is the following (only when use the ‘Search’ option):

[div id=”twitter_div”]
[ul]
[li class=”odd”]
[span class=”icon”][img tag][/span]
[span class=”user”][a tag, link to twitter][/span]
[span class=”date”]date[/span]
[span class=”tweet”]tweet[/span]
[/li]
[li class=”even”]

[/li]

[/ul]
[/div]