Allows you to add extra content to your posts, above or below the content area and make your post positionally sticky.
You can use the built in installer and upgrader, or you can install the plugin
- Unzip and upload “advanced-sticky-posts” folder to /wp-content/plugins/.
- In the WordPress admin, navigate to Plugins page.
- Activate the Advanced Sticky Posts plugin by clicking “Activate”.
If you have to upgrade manually simply repeat the installation steps and re-enable the plugin.
Q: Adding / Editing a Phrase
A: Once the plugin is installed, create or edit an existing post. The Advanced Sticky Posts appear below the content editor of the post. Enter the phrase you wish to use in the large text field below “Enter Your Content Here”. This text field allows the use of HTML characters.
Q: Change Phrase Position
A: To position the phrase above the content of the post change the “Position Phrase” dropdown to “Before the post content”. To position the phrase after the content of the post change the “Position Phrase” dropdown to “After the post content”.
Q: Show Phrase on Homepage Only
A: Click the “Show phrase only on the homepage” checkbox to show this phrase only on the homepage. If checked, it will not display the phrase
on the post detail page.
Q: Make Post Sticky
A: Click the “Make this Post sticky on the homepage” to position the current post above or below other posts on your homepage. Set where the post should be displayed by selecting the appropriate number from the “Position this post” dropdown.
Contributors & Developers
“Advanced Sticky Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed custom post type non-display issue when adding/editing
- Almost full functionality with custom post types (everything working except stickiness, which is not native to custom post types. Working on this though!).
- Specify the license is GPL v2 or later
- Fixed compatibility error with WP 3.1.2
- Minor update to display logic for displaying only on the homepage
- Initial Release