Easy responsive video embeds via URLs or shortcodes. Perfect drop-in replacement for WordPress' default embeds. Best plugin for videos?
The best WordPress plugin for videos? Supports close to everything you can imagine, still keeping it easy & simple.
It is very likely the one and only plugin you will ever need to handle video embeds on your WordPress site(s). It goes far beyond just making your videos responsive!
Simple • Lightweight • Responsive • Customizable
Make sure to check out the plugins page for more details on the plugin.
This plugin is financed by the awesome buyers of the Pro Addon. The development and support of this plugins has become a almost full time job for me so I hope you understand that I can not make all features gratis and that you purchase it to get extra features support the develoment.
Get the ARVE Pro Addon
- Feel good about yourself
for supporting my long time work on this plugin. Tons of hours, weekends … always worked on improving it 4+ years.
- Disable links in embeds (killer feature!)
For example: Clicking on a title in a YouTube embed will not open a new popup/tab/window. Prevent video hosters to lead your visitors away from your site! Note this also breaks sharing functionality and is not possible when the provider requires flash. Try it on this page. Right click on links still works.
- Lazyload mode
Make your site load faster by loading only a image instead of the entire video player on pageload.
- Lazyload -> Lightbox
Shows the Video in a Lightbox after clicking a preview image
- Link -> Lightbox
Use simple links as triggers for lightboxed videos
- Show the latest video of a youtube channel by using the channel URL (updated/cached hourly)
- Automatic or custom thumbnail images
- Automatic or custom titles on top of your thumbnails
- 'Grow on click' feature
- 3 hover styles
- 2 play icon styles to choose from
- Responsive thumbnails using cutting edge HTML5 technology
Check out the ARVE AMP Addon
- It will display videos embedded with ARVE on AMP pages correctly
- No options, just works
- It creates <amp-youtube>, <amp-vimeo>, <amp-dailymotion> elements
- For all other video hosts supported by ARVE <amp-iframe> element is used
- Self hosted videos are also supported with <amp-video>
Thanks to the developers of the software used in ARVE
Requires: 4.4.0 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.7.2
Last Updated: 3 days ago
Active Installs: 60,000+
1 of 2 support threads in the last two months have been marked resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?