Advanced Random Post Thumbnails Widget displays thumbnails grabbed randomly from posts. Each thumbnail is hyperlinked to the post it is taken from or optionally hyperlinked to its post's category. The widget is easy to configure. Visit
Appearance > Widgets and drag the Advanced Random Post Thumb widget to a widget area.
Widget options include:
- Images are automatically grabbed from random posts.
- Can be set to grab a post's first attached image or first displayed image.
- A custom post field can be used to set the image to grab.
- Each thumbnail hyperlinks to the post it represents.
- Each thumbnail can be made to link to its post's category.
- Thumbnail sizes can be easily specified.
- Margins between images can be set.
- Image positioning/centering is a cinch using left and right buffer columns.
- Easily set a thumbnail to display for posts that lack images.
- Will display up to 20 random images.
- Can be configured to select images from all categories, specific categories or just one specific category.
- When a single category is used, optionally displays the category of the posts the thumbs are selected from. Title displays above the thumb gallery.
- Title text typography is configured from a drop down box.
- Title text can be set to link to the category it represents.
This plugin is based on the Advanced Random Post Widget by Yakup GÖVLER. The original widget was designed to show thumbnails, titles and excerpts. This new and enhanced widget is designed to show thumbnails without excerpts and without individual titles.