Highly customizable plugin for designing a large variety of post lists. Allowing
the Webmaster to create any design for displaying Recent Posts, Related Posts,
Future Posts, etc., and easily positioning it with a shortcode inside a Page or Post.
All that is required is you know HTML, but the plugin can also use CSS,
Version 0.3 post query was switch to WP_Query to take advantage of the Custom Post
Types and Taxonomies featured within WordPress, and also has additional filter settings
added to further reach alternate methods of displaying posts.
Discovered a bug or a feature? Please submit issues at GitHub's version
for ticket handling and contributors.
When designing site with better navigation. This plugin accomplishes 3 main
tasks when displaying the site’s content through various lists.
Content of the post list
- Custom Post Type and Taxonomy Support – New addition adds the ability to
add even more posts and/or pages to your lists. Display any page from any
post type and has even more filter options with any additional taxonomies that
have been added.
- Add/Require Any Number of Terms – Create diverse post lists through any
configuration of terms within different taxonomies, and show any posts/pages
that has one related term, but if needed, post lists can be required to have
all terms selected.
- Show Page Children – Once only able to display one page’s children pages
from one hierarchical post type (WP built-in Pages). This plugin can now display
multitude of children pages from multiple pages from multiple hierarchical
post types. Making it easy to display sub-pages
- Dynamically Add Terms and Page Parent – Sometimes pages are expected to
change, and some area’s like the header, footer, and any sidebars are expected
to change. So it’s just plain simple and nice to have one configuration that
changes according to the visitor’s/user’s current page/post.
- Show Content from Private, Future, Published, and More – A new addition
added to show posts/page from not only publicly published posts/pages, but from
any status. Opening up the ability for creating private sections on a website
Style of the post list
- Customizable Loop – Any plugin of this design has to have a loop of some
kind to list the posts and/or pages. Most have their own style of design, but
this plugin gives the webmaster the tools to create his own style.
- Shortcodes for Post/Page Content – Part of the heart of the Customizable
Loop, shortcodes have made it possible to pull content from each post/page and
add it to the post list.
Location of the post list
- Post List Shortcode – User friendly method of adding any post list to a
section of a site.
- PHP Hardcode – Add post lists where some situations require a more
technical use where WordPress features and functions aren’t fully present.
- Sidebar Widget (Coming soon) – Originally was removed until 0.3 was
developed. Shortcodes have made it easy to add post lists to a text sidebar,
but there’s still plans to take full advantage of implementing the widget class.
This is an alternate version of Kalins Post List
which was unfortunately declared abandoned. Most of the credit for creating an
extraordinary plugin like this goes to Kalin. Currently, the plugin is still in
the first stages of its target design. Version 1.0.0 will feature many of the
functionalities that Kalin and others have mentioned, and will have a completely
new layout to accommodate for the extra tools that will be added.
Pre-Release Projects for Version 1.0.0
- (Completed) Import/export - Export is broken until 0.3 stable (including importing data from Kalins Post List)
- (Completed) Custom Post Type & Taxonomies Support. Available in the 0.3 release.
- Additional sort methods for 'Orderby' combo box.
- Additional shortcodes.