Add a Font Awesome icon field type to Advanced Custom Fields.
- Optionally set a default icon
- Returns Icon Element, Icon Class, Icon Unicode, or an Object including the element, class, and unicode value
- Optionally enqueues Font Awesome in footer
- Integrates with the Better Font Awesome Library by Mickey Kay to automatically use the latest version of the Font Awesome icons
Note: It is recommended to let this plugin enqueue the latest version of Font Awesome on your front-end; or include the latest version by some other means; so that available icons in the admin area will be displayed properly on your sites front-end.
This ACF field type is compatible with:
* ACF 5
* ACF 4
Perfect - does exactly what it says it will, straightforward, no-fuss installation. Nice job, thank you.
I love this plugin! I've been using FontAwesome in a lot of my projects over the last few months, and this really works well. I just have one tiny problem with it: When you put one of these in a repeater, it shows up as two drop downs before you pick an icon and save the page. Here's a GIF as an example:
Would love if this could be fixed!
- Updated Better Font Awesome library to latest version
- Updated ‘fallback’ ACF font to 4.6.3
- Bugfix overly broad CSS rules effecting non font awesome field groups
- Bugfix select2 not loading on new fontawesome icons until after saving fields
- Bugfix PHP Notice when trying to access property of ‘null’ value
- Updated Better Font Awesome Library for better compatibility with Better Font Awesome plugin
- Changed ACF 4/5 detection method for better integration with Better Font Awesome plugin
- Bugfix wrong preview icon appearing in ACF custom field creator area
- Added ability to select no icon by default
- Better handling of ‘null’ or ‘no selection’ items
- Fixed bug where default icon would not display in admin area if ‘unicode’ return type was selected
- Misc JS performance improvements
- Fixed bug where select2 would not initialize on repeater items added mid-rows (using the plus icon at the end of a repeater row)
- Fixed asset path errors when including this add-on from a theme instead of the plugins directory
- Rolling back changes from 1.6.1 after a number of bugs were reported. Incompatibility issues with Better Font Awesome have been corrected in that plugins code.
- Addressing incompatibility issues between this plugin and the Better Font Awesome plugin
- Misc fixes to JS to properly target ACF fields in the DOM (based on changes to the ACF structure). This should resolve issues with duplicate, or missing select2 fields when picking font awesome icons.
- New Feature: Integrated with the Better Font Awesome Library to automatically use the latest version of the Font Awesome icons
- Updated included FontAwesome to version 4.2
- Added support for ACF version 5.x
- Added support for new icons in FontAwesome 4.1
- Updated included FontAwesome to version 4.1
- Fixed overly specific JS selector which was causing font preview icons to not load when used on taxonomy term pages
- Fixed JS error which was breaking conditional field select boxes
- Added support for use in repeater fields
- Added support for use in flexible content fields
- Added live icon preview to field creation screen
- Fixed various bugs with Select2 initialization on dynamically added fields
- Initial Release.