What you need, where you need it – and when.
Admin Menus Fixed Three Ways: As a companion to Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu AND/OR AG Custom Admin OR Standalone (WordPress 3.5-3.7)
New in v1.4 Now Responsive down to phone sizes. Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu header background automatically changes to high contrast when displayed on smaller screens.
New in v1.4 Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu Header Gradient now wraps when the header does; improving the look and readability!
Consolidates the WordPress Toolbar and Ozh’s menu and makes them both always readily available at the top of your window; no matter where you happen to be scrolled on a long page.
Incorporates HoverIntent to chill the Toolbar drop-down menu hair trigger, so now you can overshoot Ozh’ Menu without the Toolbar menu falsely stepping on it; causing you to move away until it closes, so that you can get to what you were going for. Way easier to work this way. Fast. Efficient.
Automatically adjusts to the WordPress Toolbar display state; whether disabled by Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu or AG Custom Admin.
Standalone: (Depreciated) The WordPress Devs have taken a page from this plugin’s book, pulling the concept into core by fixed-positioning the Toolbar and Admin Menus in versions 3.8+, so the plugin code is shrinking. Kinda goes against the new direction of pulling code out of core and having plugins handle the function if you want/need it, but I’m glad that the concept has been adopted; because it was long overdue. The plugin is returning to its own core purpose, that of enhancing Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu, and I’m OK with that. – see Other Notes
For the backstory and a comprehensive overview of how the plugin got its start, see the Fixed Admin Menus – The Plugin post series.
See What Else We Do:
- Blown, Cast & Fused Glass and Kinetic Sculpture
- Space & Astronomical Art | Advanced Concept Design
- Bengal and Maine Coon Rescue
Tested up to: 4.7.2Stable tag: 1.4
Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu + WordPress Toolbar & Admin Menu Fixed to the Top and Side of the Admin Screens. Less Scrolling!Standalone: (WordPress 3.5-3.7)
- The WordPress Toolbar and standard Admin Menu along the left side are made fixed-position in both expanded and collapsed modes; eliminating a lot of scrolling.
- See the Screenshots for all of the combinations.
- How do I configure it?
No configuration is necessary. It works all by itself.
- This is cool. How can I support your effort?
If you’d like to help a real starving artist, please help us buy food and medical care for our Bengal and Maine Coon rescues.
à l'ignoble menu fourre-tout « made in WordPress ».
Qui est, excusez du peu, un modèle de contre-ergonomie !
Allié à "Ozh' Admin Drop Menu" et "AG-Custom Admin", on atteint un bon niveau d'ergonomie, dommage quand-même qu'on ne puisse pas personnaliser Admin Drop Menu davantage !
- Compatibility with WordPress 4.2+
- Compatibility with Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu 3.6.10
- Adjusted vertical placement of Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu and Admin Page content when the WordPress Responsive Admin Menu activates in tablet/mobile mode and/or Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu wraps to more than one line as the page width drops below various thresholds.
- Fixed sub-menus being difficult to access when Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu 3.6.10 wraps to more than one line.
- Above fixes applied back through WordPress 3.5, where applicable.
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.8 to 4.1+
- Dropped support for WordPress versions older than 3.5; ‘cuz… it’s time, again.
- Fixed standard menu flyout on Chrome browser. Updated AG Custom Admin logic.
- Removed compatibility with WordPress Versions older than 3.2. You should be way past that by now; ‘cuz… it’s time.
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.5+ and Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu and AG Custom Admin Toolbar Removal.
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.4+. Code cleanup.
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.3+. Incorporates HoverIntent on the Toolbar drop-down’s hair trigger, increasing the delay for better navigation. Code rewriitten for better compatibility according to conventional practice.
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.2+. Makes the standard WordPress Admin Menu fixed-position in both expanded and collapsed modes if installed Standalone.
- Now operates Standalone; accommodating the Ozh’ Admin Drop Down Menu being deactivated without having to deactivate Admin Menus Fixed first. This allows the compressed and fixed position attributes of the WordPress Admin Bar to be retained, so the plugin can be used with the standard WordPress Admin Menu as well.
- First public release following an encouraging suggestion made by Ozh, after he saw my hack, to develop a companion plugin. Thanks, Ozh!