The Admin Menu Tree Page View WordPress plugin adds a page tree to all your pages – directly accessible in the admin menu.
This way all your pages will be available within just one click,
no matter where you are in the admin area.
You can also add pages directly in the tree and you can quickly find your pages by using the search box.
- Change the order of your pages with drag-and-drop
- View all your pages – no matter where in the admin you are
- View the page hierarchy/the tree structure of your pages
- Compatible with WPML, so if you in WPML’s language menu have selected to view german pages, then only the german pages will vi visible in the admin menu tree too.
- Add pages directly after or inside another post – no need to first create the post and then select the parent of the page
- Adds link to view a page directly from the admin menu – you don’t have to first edit the post and from that page click the view link
Works perfect in CMS-like WordPress installations with lots of pages in a tree hierarchy.
If you want a tree with all your pages, but don’t want it visible all the time, please check out my other plugin
CMS Tree Page View.
The plugin is translated into these languages:
- Spanish (thanks to Andrew Kurtis/WebHostingHub)
- Slovak translation (thanks Branco)
Donation and more plugins
I'm a great fan of CMS Tree Page View so when I saw this I tried it straight away. Funny thing really, it adds a search box on the Pages panel menu above the Tree View link. I did a fresh install of WordPress on my localhost and Tree View and Admin view were the first two plugins I installed. Perhaps it's a bug in WAMP 64. Just for information because it looked a bit strange. http://www.webpapa.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/extra-search.jpg
Thanks for this nice and handy piece of software 🙂
- Make hidden page not clickable. Fixes https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hide-the-page
- Load icons localy instead. Fixes https://wordpress.org/support/topic/styles-loading-icon-pngs-over-http-instead-of-https
- Added German translation. Thanks Michael Thielemann.
- Added Spanish translation. Thanks Andrew Kurtis/WebHostingHub.
- CSS fixes for new admin theme in WordPress 3.8. Thanks to Américo Cruces for making most of the the nice changes.
- Fixed a bug that caused errors when bulk editing posts
- Added Italian translation. Thanks!
- Added Dutch translation. Thanks!
- Added Slovak translation. Thanks Branco.
- Hopefully loads scripts and styles over SSL/HTTPS if FORCE_SSL is set.
- Fixes for popup on WP 3.5
- Replaced live() with on() for jQuery
- Small CSS fixes, for example search box label being a bit off
- Fix for search highlight being to big
- Fix for flyout menu not working
- Fixed: major speedup, like 300 % faster generation of the tree
- Fixed: added is_admin()-check to the plugin, the plugin code is only parsed when in the administration panel. This could make the public part of your site some milliseconds faster.
- Fixed: icons where misplaced when using minimized admin menu.
- Fixed: page actions where not visible when using minimized admin menu.
- Fixed: hopefully works better with WPML now.
- Fixed: forgot to remove console.log at some places. sorry!
- Updated: Drag and drop now works better. Still not 100%, but I can’t find the reason why I does order the pages a bit wrong sometimes. Any ideas?
- Added: Now you can order posts with drag and drop. Just click and hold mouse button and move post up/down. But please note that you can only move posts that have the same level/depth in the tree.
- Fixed: post titles where not escaped.
- Could not edit names in Chrome
- Removed add page-link. pages are instead added automatically. no more clicks; I think feels so much more effective.
- moved JS and CSS to own folders
- can now add multiple pages at once
- can now set the status of the created page(s)
- An ul that was opened because of a search did not get the minus-sign
- New “popup” with actions when hovering a page. No more clicking to get to the actions. I really like it!
- The plus-sign/expand link now works at least three levels down in the tree
- Tree now always opens up when editing a page, so you will always see the page you’re ediiting.
- When searching, the parents of a page with a match is opened, so search hits will always be visible.
- When searching and no pages found, show text “no pages found”.
- CSS changes for upcoming admin area CSS changes in WordPress (may look wierd on current/older versions of WordPress…)
- Some preparing for using nestedSortable to order the pages
- Children count was sometines wrong.
- Added functionality to expand/collapse
- View link now uses wordpress function get_permalinks(). Previously you could get non-working links.
- Swedish translation added
- Moved load_plugin_textdomain to action “menu” instead of “init”
- Fixed a couple of small bugs
- Prepare for translation
- Moved JS to own file
- Removed some notices
- Added a search/filter box. Search your pages in real time. I love it! 🙂
- Some CSS changes. The icons and text and smaller now. I think it’s better this way, you can fit so many more pages in the tree now.
- Now you can add new pages below or as a child to a page. For me this has been the feature I’ve missed the most.
- It’s alive!