Sometimes you may have a lot of admin menu items based on your WordPress installation, with this plugin you only need to type a few letters of the item name that you look and voila! Using a custom jQuery expression that turns ‘contains’ to case insensitive, the plugin adds a class ‘filtered’ for non-match elements and performs actions based on 2 simple rules:
- For parent menu item matching the item keeps visible.
- For child menu item matching the item keeps highlighted and their parent visible, keeping the rule #1 for the rest of parent menu items.
Credit for the expression:
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/admin-menu-filterdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
How about mobile devices?
Could be added support on future versions. Currently it’s thinking for desktop users
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Menu Filter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- WP 6.1 compat
- Improve script init
- Remove Doc Ready wrapper
- Check compatibility WP 5.6
- First release