Admin Customization allows you to change the appearance of your WordPress backend.
The plugin allows you to:
- change the backend favicon.
- change the backend logo.
- hide the admin logo text and / or logo image.
- change the logo text font size.
- change the login page logo with a logo of any width.
- change the admin footer text.
- disable dashboard widgets.
- hide update notices and plugin update count.
- turn on redirection to homepage on administration panels logout.
The plugin also corrects some WordPress UX mistakes like not being able to click on the backend or on the login logos, and the fact that the user info dropdown list is mistakenly 2px larger than the dropdown header.
You should should follow me (@ciobi) on twitter.
Plugin Last Updated
October 30th, 2011
- [Cristi Burcă] (http://scribu.net), for scbFramework (http://scribu.net/wordpress/scb-framework), the plugin framework on which this plugin was built
To install the plugin you must:
- Unzip the downloaded archive and put the folder into the plugins folder (/wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu.
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Customization” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- fixed js bug
- added french translation (thank you Frédéric Serva)
- added support for WordPress 3.2
- added the ability to hide the admin logo image
- added the ability to change the logo text font size
- added the ability to replace the right and left footer text
- support for backend logo clicking
- fixes a WordPress dropdown UI bug
- ui enhancements
- fixed in_array warnings
- using site_url to avoid problems when site in a subdirectory (thank you noyz319)
- minor logo positioning fixes
- replaced login logo link to point to home page
- added ability to hide the admin logo text
- backend logo can now have any height
- added labels to checkboxes
- added ability to redirect to homepage from logout
- login logo can now have any height
- initial release