There are times that you need to know the ID number of a page or post in WordPress and it can be more painful than it should be to find that number. This plugin does one simple thing: it displays the ID number of the page, post, category, or tag you are looking at in the WordPress Admin Bar. It appends this ID to the edit menu already on the Admin Bar. Needless to say, that means that this plugin is only useful for WordPress version 3.1 or above, since the Admin Bar was first introduced with 3.1.
- Upload the
admin-bar-id-menufolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Why would anyone need this?
If you are asking this question, you don’t need this at all. The only time to bother with this plugin is after you’ve been frustrated a few times trying to track down an id.
- Why don’t I see numbers on “view” items?
The inclusion of id numbers on the “view” items in the Dashboard only works in WP 3.3 and up. If you are not seeing those numbers, then you may need to upgrade your WordPress installation.
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Bar ID Menu” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- added ID number to the “view” items in the Dashboard admin bar
- used global $post and $_GET[‘tag_ID’] to find even more IDs
- use the new node modification method required by WP 3.3
- moved the id into the edit item
- now appending
- moved to a plugin
- using the
- first implemented in theme