Admin Bar Hopper adds another dropdown menu to the WP Admin Bar, with quick links to Hop To the various parts of your site. So while you are logged in, any Page / Category of your site can be just 1 quick hop away. A Settings page lets you control which areas to add to the “Hop To…” dropdown menu.
Currently supports listing: Pages, Menus, and (Post) Categories
- What areas are currently supported for inclusion in the Admin Bar Hopper “Hop To…” menu?
Admin Bar Hopper currently supports listing:
- all Pages of your site, grouped into sets of 10 at a time, with support for child/parent structure
- Menus, to list all Menus that your site has, and on the next sublevel of dropdown, all the links for each Menu
- Categories, to hop to any Category of Posts
- Do the links go to Edit that area, or View the front-end?
All the first level links (“Pages 1-10”, “Menus”, “Categories”) go to the appropriate Pages / Menus / Categories area on the Admin side. After that, all direct links to specific Pages / Categories will take you to the front-end view (what visitors see). You can use the separate “Edit Page/Post” link in the Admin Bar to Edit that particular content.
- Do I have to show all three of those areas?
A Settings page gives you three checkboxes to control which of these groups of links to add to the Admin Bar.
- Does Admin Bar Hopper support Custom Post Types, Custom Taxonomies, or Tags?
Not at the this time, but future releases will add support for these other areas of WordPress.
- Initial release of the plugin