This plugin requires WordPress 3.3
On the administration you can find different search forms. Some for contents like posts, pages, media or comments.
But you have also one for plugins, themes and/or users.
This plugin will centralize all search types into one search form, which is placed in the new Admin Bar.
You can change the type via a dropdown menu, take a look at the screenshot.
Does work with network admin too.
Sounds pretty good? Install now!
Note: There will be NO settings page, just take a look at your Admin Bar.
For an automatic installation through WordPress:
- Go to the ‘Add New’ plugins screen in your WordPress admin area
- Search for ‘Admin Bar Backend Search’
- Click ‘Install Now’ and activate the plugin
For a manual installation via FTP:
- Upload the
ab-backend-searchdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in your WordPress admin area
To upload the plugin through WordPress, instead of FTP:
- Upload the downloaded zip file on the ‘Add New’ plugins screen (see the ‘Upload’ tab) in your WordPress admin area and activate.
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Bar Backend Search” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Adds German translation.
- Minor fixes.
- First release.