This plugin provides the ability for users to preview a post or page and view in real-time
the changes they are making to the page within the full context of their theme.
Please upgrade to version 1.2+ if the functionality is not working with your themes. We have updated the plugin to now work with every theme. Tell us if you still see issues.
- Supported Browsers: Firefox, Chrome
- Unsupported Browsers: IE 6, 7, or 8 (the functionality simply does not work well)
- Other browsers may work with this plugin please provide feedback to the plugin site or forum if you test other browsers or experience issues.
- Extract active-preview-*.zip to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Edit a post or page in after hitting the new ‘Active Preview’ page.
Contributors & Developers
“Active Preview” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Adding backend rendering to support additional plugin preview (such as PHP markdown).
- Correcting preview to properly display active preview page for a newly created page or post.
- Updating html listener to ignore arrow key presses.
- Fixing versioning issue. No functionality changes from 1.3.
- Fixing spacing issues in html editor. Its still not perfect but a lot better.
- Updated plugin to handle any theme. No longer does the theme need to have the default theme entry div wrapping content.
- Fixing international versions to have the ‘Active Preview’ button to actually say ‘Active Preview’ internationalizing to come in future version.
- Fixing issue with breaking theme preview and image upload functionality in firefox.
More updates to project readme.txt
Updates to project readme.txt
- Fixing issue with post or page title disappearing with changes.
- Fixing issue with selecting ‘HTML’ editing.
- Initial Version