Advanced Custom Fields add-on: Front-end Editor
This is an add-on for WordPress Advanced Custom Fields plugin
The add-on allows admins to edit text fields, textareas, titles, content, excerpts and wysiwyg fields from front end simillary as you would edit a google doc.
P.S. it also works with OPTIONS page fields, in the LOOP, with repeaters and flexible content:
Add-on author: Audrius Rackauskas @ Horion Digital, Ltd
ACF plugin author: Elliot Condon
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- What fields does the plugin works with
Currently plugin only works on text, textarea and wysiwyg fields.
Contributors & Developers
“ACF Front End Editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“ACF Front End Editor” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “ACF Front End Editor” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Made WordPress title front end editable
- Made WordPress content front end editable
- Made WordPress excerpt front end editable
- Added options page that allows to control to which user role front end editing is available.
- Added link toggling – now you can disable links to easier manage texts on buttons.
- Added outline toggling – now you can enable outlines around editable fields.
- major comapatbility update.
- initial build.