Manage Bibliographic Citations
Academic Press supports Apa, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, Turabian citation styles to automatically format your references. When doing inline citations,
either use automatic formatting or contextual formatting so that your citation perfectly fits into your sentence. A simple shortcode is perfectly
fine to display the table of bibliography below your posts.
Import/Export Popular Bibliographic Formats
Use BibTex, Endnote, Medline, RIS or other popular formats to display citations on your posts.
Use the powerful scripting engine to import data from these formats, working with these data sets (search, sort, extract, merge) using
collections, and finally to export data from a collection to other formats.
Dynamically hide additional content to improve the flow of your articles. Custom numbering formats include numeric, alphabetic (lower and upper case),
roman (lower and upper case), and greek (lower and upper case). Table of footnotes is automatically displayed at the end of each post, supporting
Fast and Lightweight Plugin
Academic Press has been designed to be lightweight (use of a clean modern programming convention).
It does not create additional database tables: all data are stored in WordPress posts by using shortcodes, or in external resources (optional).
This plugin comes with a “VirtualBox” to test your shortcodes on the fly while writing articles, thus you can easily check correct citations.
You can use this VirtualBox to easily convert between BibTex, Endnote or other formats.
A data stream to bibliographic servers to more easily search for references, or to store the results (i.e. collections) on
external resources (e.g. bibliographic servers). And much more languages. And custom citation styles.
- PHP 5.2 (no additional libraries required)
- Download and install from within WordPress
- Choose: Activate or Network Activate
- Configure AcademicPress
- How to cite a reference?
The AcademicPress VirtualBox lists all major commands. You can find it when editing posts.
- How to automatically append table of bibliography?
Go to Settings > AcademicPress, and enter the following command into a script postprocessor textarea for a posttype of your choice:
[acp display title="Table of Bibliography" /].
- I have more questions!
Please read the tutorials: http://academicpress.benjaminsommer.com/tutorials/
Contributors & Developers
“AcademicPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed inline format of footnotes: when inserting html tags (e.g. links) into footnotes, the inline format showed showed some html tags. This has been fixed.
- Fixed table of bibliography: previously, citations of all other posts had been displayed when using post lists
- Improved settings page: use of tabs for better organisation
- AcademicPress now comes with new default, built-in bibliographic style (acp), an optimized version for Web users.
- Updated Bibliographic Styles: Harvard, Turabian.
- All bibliographic styles are content-aware: citations are always nicely formatted, even if attributes are missing.
- Added Pre- and Postprocessors
- Added a VirtualBox
- Added a Scripting Engine to work with
- Branch from WordPress Plugin
Netblog(citation styles only)