This plugin checks if a visitor is listed on httpBL.abuse.ch.
httpBl is a DNSBL which can be used to blocks access from IPs which are:
- Known source of Hacking activities (mostly script kiddies)
- Source of Remote File Inclusion attacks (RFI)
- Hijacked webserver
- Scanning drones
- Source of referer Spam
For more information take a look at the FAQ.
- Does this plugin protect my blog against comment Spam?
No, httpBL.abuse.ch does not protect you from comment spam BUT it protects you from referer spammers.
- Added support for the new httpBL zone 127.0.0.5 (scanning drones)
- Added an Administration Menu (Settings-> abuse.ch httpBL)
- Changed logging format to “TIMESTAMP | IP address | Hostname | User-Agent | httpBL zone”
- Update Plugin description
- Made some changes to the HTML code
- Fixed an error in the logging function ($response instead of $responses)
- gethostbyaddr will now only be executed when logging is enabled
- Corrected some typing errors in check_httpbl.php
- Changed the message which a visitor receive, when he is listed at httpBL.abuse.ch. Now the message contains a link to the lookup form at http://dnsbl.abuse.ch/check.php where the visitor will find reason and time of the listing.