a3 Lazy Load is a Mobile Oriented, simple to use plugin that will speed up site performance. The more content heavy your site the better the plugin will perform and the more you will see the improvements in performance. See this demo of a page with 1,000 images (yes 1,000 images) to load.
a3 Lazy Load is the most fully featured lazy load plugin for WordPress. Use the plugins admin settings to easily define what elements are lazy loaded when they become visible in the users browser. As the user scroll down the page the next lot of elements you have applied lazy Load to are only loaded as they become visible in the view port.
Image Lazy Load
Images are the number one element that slows page load and increases bandwidth use. From the a3 Lazy Load admin panel turn load images by a3 Lazy Load ON | OFF. For more flexibility when ON you can choose to ON | OFF lazy load for images in
- Post and Pages (All Content areas)
- Widgets (Sidebar, header and footer)
- Apply to post thumbnails
- Apply to gravatars
More than just Images
Video Lazy Load
a3 Lazy Load supports all WordPress video Embeds including Youtube, Vimeo and HTML5 video – for a full list see the WordPress Codex Embeds list. The WordPress embed method of copying and pasting the video url into posts and pages content area is fully supported. Note – embed video by WordPress shortcode is not supported.
From the a3 lazy Load admin panel turn Video Support ON | OFF. When ON you can choose to ON | OFF lazy load for videos in
- Post and Pages (All Content areas)
- Widgets (Sidebar, header and footer)
- Youtube see demo
- Video see demo
- Fully Compatible with the popular Youtube Embed Plugin
Elements loaded by iframe
a3 Lazy Load has built in support for content that is added by iframe from any source in content and widgets – examples
- WordPress embedded media
- Facebook Like boxes with profiles, Like buttons, Recommend
- Google+ Profile
- Google Maps
WordPress 4.4 Post Embed
- Fully compatible with WordPress 4.4 new embed post on any site feature
- Makes embed post load much faster
WordPress Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- Built in auto support for WordPress AMP plugin
- There are no setting options for exclude /amp – Lazy Load is just never applied to the /amp endpoint
- When the url is loaded in browser without /amp Lazy Load is applied
Lazy Load Effects
a3 Lazy Load gives you the option to lazy load images with a FADE IN or SPINNER effect.
a3 lazy Load is built and tested to be fully compatible with the very widely used WooCommerce plugin.
a3 Lazy Load gives you the option to load its script from your sites HEAD or from the FOOT.
- Note that your theme must have the wp_footer() function if you select FOOTER load.
- Note the plugin CSS is always loaded from the HEAD.
Exclude Images and Videos
a3 Lazy Load allows you to easily exclude any images and video by class name from having the Lazy Load effect applied.
- Work with any WordPress theme that follows the WordPress Theme Codex.
- Fully compatible with WPTouch plugin – Set to not apply on Mobiles if WPTouch is installed.
- Fully compatible with MobilePress plugin – Set to not apply on Mobiles if MobilePress is installed.
- Will not conflict with any plugin that has lazy load built in.
- Plugin Developers a3 lazy load filter allows them to let lazy load apply to their plugin.
- Tested 100% compatible with WP Super Cache and W3 Total Cache plugins.
- Tested 100% compatible with Amazon Cloudfront.
- Fully compatible with CDN architecture.
Full Browser Support
a3 lazy Load is tested 100% compatible with all major browsers.
- IE 6-11
- Chrome 1-39 (current)
- Firefox 1.5-33 (current)
- Safari 3-8 (current)
- Opera 10.6-25 (current)
- iOS 5-8 (current)
- Android 2.3-4.4 (current)
- Amazon Kindle Fire 4-4.3 (Current)
- Windows Mobile 8.1 (Current)
- Full support of jQueryMobile framework
- WordPress Multi site ready.
- Backend support for RTL display.
- Translation ready
Install and activate the plugin
On wp-admin a3 Lazy Load one page admin panel check the settings.
- WordPress 4.0
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.1.73 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of a3 Lazy Load, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New. Search a3 Lazy load, select and install.
After trying several other lazy load plugins which had problems, this worked magnificently, thank you very much.
This speeded up my youtube heavy site like I didn’t think possible! Many thanks
After 4.7.2 WordPress Version, Just This Plugin Worked.
I think it’s one of the best Lazy load plugins for WP.
How can I disable or skip an image from lazy loading? I searched online did not find any tutorials. How do I actually skip the images by class and image ID? If i just know where to put those settings I’ll be fine. I have tried adding the no-lazy, lazy-ignore to the image id but it did not work. What do I put in the box in front of no-lazy, lazy-ignore in the settings section? There is no information anywhere on how to do this!
My other question is, is there a way to disable lazy loading for the whole page?
Please keep in mind I am not a developer or a programmer. I am just a designer!
I use Salient theme and visual composer.
Only one word ” Brilliant ”
Thanks for great work devs !
Contributors & Developers
“a3 Lazy Load” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Tweak – Register fontawesome in plugin framework with style name is ‘font-awesome-styles’
- Tweak – Update plugin framework to latest version
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress major version 4.5
1.7.0 – 2016/03/01
- Feature – Full compatibility with AMP plugin. No settings for it just hardcoded that Lazy Load is not applied for any url appended with /amp endpoint. Lazy load is applied to the url without the endpoint
- Feature – Define new ‘Background Color’ type on plugin framework with ON | OFF switch to disable background or enable it
- Feature – Define new function – hextorgb() – for convert hex color to rgb color on plugin framework
- Feature – Define new function – generate_background_color_css() – for export background style code on plugin framework that is used to make custom style
- Tweak – Saved the time number into database for one time customize style and Save change on the Plugin Settings
- Tweak – Replace version number by time number for dynamic style file are generated by Sass to solve the issue get cache file on CDN server
- Tweak – Define new ‘strip_methods’ argument for Uploader type, allow strip http/https or no
- Tweak – Upgraded to the latest version of a3 plugin framework
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress version 4.4.2
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WooCommerce version 2.5.2
- Fix – Define new placeholder image data for iframe. Microsoft browsers smartscreen filter was blocking the .gif placeholder loading inside iframes and throwing an unsafe website message
1.6.0 – 2016/01/22
- Feature – Add support for Lazy loading images, video or iframe inside content that is loaded by AJAX
- Tweak – Full support for loading Product Thumbnails within the WooCommerce cart widget
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress version 4.4.1
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WooCommerce version 2.5
1.5.2 – 2015/12/24
- Tweak – Change on enqueue styles and scripts for faster load
- Tweak – Register new script ‘jquery-lazyloadxt-srcset’ for enqueue when lazyload script is called , full support for WP 4.4 Responsive Images
- Fix – Filter for change the ‘srcset’ attribute name to ‘data-srcset’ name to prevent browsers loading the image while page is loading
- Fix – Create a new script for when image comes into view port that it changes ‘data-srcset’ to ‘srcset’ so image is loaded then by lazy load
1.5.1 – 2015/12/11
- Tweak – Change the placeholder image name from ‘placeholder.gif’ to ‘lazy_placeholder.gif’ to avoid conflict if thumb image has name like placehoder.gif
- Tweak – Change pattern parameter from “/data-src=[‘\”]/is” to “/ data-src=[‘\”]/is” to check ‘data-src’ exists as attribute of video, image, iframe, Solve the issue when 3rd party script adds attribute with format of name ‘***-data-src’ to html tag.
- Fix – Use preg_match( “/src=.*lazy_placeholder.gif[‘\”]/s”, $imgHTML ) On themes that have loop code was causing loading of the placeholder instead of the image
1.5.0 – 2015/12/10
- Feature – Change media uploader to New UI of WordPress media uploader with WordPress Backbone and Underscore
- Feature – Apply Lazy Load for new Embed Post feature on WordPress 4.4
- Tweak – Update the uploader script to save the Attachment ID and work with New Uploader
- Tweak – Updated a3 Plugin Framework to the latest version
- Tweak – Full compatibility with Responsive Image feature on WordPress 4.4
- Tweak – Change the PlaceHolder image from data image to real image placeholder.gif for fix display on IE
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress major version 4.4
- Fix – Check if ‘HTTP_USER_AGENT’ is defined before call it from strpos
1.4.1 – 2015/08/22
- Tweak – include new CSSMin lib from https://github.com/tubalmartin/YUI-CSS-compressor-PHP-port into plugin framework instead of old CSSMin lib from http://code.google.com/p/cssmin/ , to avoid conflict with plugins or themes that have CSSMin lib
- Tweak – make __construct() function for ‘Compile_Less_Sass’ class instead of using a method with the same name as the class for compatibility on WP 4.3 and is deprecated on PHP4
- Tweak – change class name from ‘lessc’ to ‘a3_lessc’ so that it does not conflict with plugins or themes that have another Lessc lib
- Tweak – Plugin Framework DB query optimization. Refactored settings_get_option call for dynamic style elements, example typography, border, border_styles, border_corner, box_shadow
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress major version 4.3.0
- Fix – Update the plugin framework for setup correct default settings on first installed
- Fix – Update the plugin framework for reset to correct default settings when hit on ‘Reset Settings’ button on each settings tab
1.4.0 – 2015/06/17
- Feature – Plugin framework Mobile First focus upgrade
- Feature – Massive improvement in admin UI and UX in PC, tablet and mobile browsers
- Feature – Introducing opening and closing Setting Boxes on admin panels.
- Feature – Added Plugin Framework Customization settings. Control how the admin panel settings show when editing.
- Feature – Added House Keeping – Clean up on Deletion function. ON | OFF switch is in the Plugin Framework Settings Box.
- Feature – Added a 260px wide images to the right sidebar for support forum link, Documentation links.
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WooCommerce Version 2.3.11
- Tweak – Removed Add-Ons Menu
- Tweak – Moved plugin menu from WordPress Dashboard admin menu to a sub menu on the WordPress Settings menu
- Tweak – Added Settings link to the plugins listing on plugin.php menu for easy access to plugin
- Fix – Check ‘request_filesystem_credentials’ function, if it does not exists then require the core php lib file from WP where it is defined
1.3.0 – 2015/06/05
- Feature – Added Image Load Threshold with set threshold pixel dynamic setting. Default is 0px
- Credit – Thanks to Onisforos and Matt Pain for suggesting and explaining the new Threshold feature
1.2.2 – 2015/06/03
- Tweak – Security Hardening. Removed all php file_put_contents functions in the plugin framework and replace with the WP_Filesystem API
- Tweak – Security Hardening. Removed all php file_get_contents functions in the plugin framework and replace with the WP_Filesystem API
1.2.1 – 2015/05/26
- Fix – Update url of dynamic stylesheet in uploads folder to the format
//domain.com/so it’s always is correct when loaded as
- Credit – Thanks to WordPress member hero12 for bringing the matter to our attention.
1.2.0 – 2015/05/18
- Feature – Added new extend script to support event when click or tap on tab to load images without having to scroll to initiate load.
- Tweak – Tested and Tweaked for full compatibility with WordPress Version 4.2.2
- Tweak – Changed Permission 777 to 755 for style folder inside the uploads folder
- Tweak – Chmod 644 for dynamic style and .less files from uploads folder
1.1.1 – 2015/04/21
- Tweak – Tested and Tweaked for full compatibility with WordPress Version 4.2.0
- Tweak – Update style of plugin framework. Removed the [data-icon] selector to prevent conflict with other plugins that have font awesome icons
1.1.0 – 2015/01/23
- Feature – Added support for all WordPress video Embeds including Youtube, Vimeo and HTML5 video
- Feature – Added support for content that is added by iframe from any source in post and page content and widgets
- Tweak – Reworked the plugins admin panel for new feature options. Separate settings for Images and Video / iframes
- Tweak – Updated all the admin panel text and add new help text.
- Tweak – Updated the plugins WordPress description with new features.
- Tweak – Updated the plugins WordPress screenshot
- Tweak – Updated the plugins WordPress banner image.
- Dev – Updated ‘a3_lazy_load_enable’ function to edit their image or video attribute to enable a3 lazy load images or videos loaded by 3rd party application.
- Dev – Defined ‘a3_lazy_load_image_enable’ function to edit image attribute to enable a3 lazy load to apply images loaded by 3rd party applications.
- Dev – Defined ‘a3_lazy_load_video_enable’ function to edit image attribute so a3 lazy load script can apply to the videos, iframe.
- Dev – Remove ‘a3_lazy_load_skip_classes’ filter tag, we will replace another filter for separate filters for image and videos
- Dev – Defined ‘a3_lazy_load_skip_images_classes’ filter tag. Developers can add another class css name for images that they don’t want lazy load applied too.
- Dev – Defined ‘a3_lazy_load_skip_videos_classes’ filter tag. Developers can add another class css name for video that they don’t want lazy load applied too.
- Dev – Added default exclude class ‘a3-notlazy’ so developers can easily apply it to videos that they don’t want Lazy Load to apply to.
- Dev – Defined ‘a3_lazy_load_videos’ filter. Plugin and Theme developers can use this filter and parse the content with videos or iframe and the filter will return content with change on videos or iframe that a3 Lazy Load support
1.0.2 – 2015/01/20
- Tweak – Include wp_deregister_script( ‘jquery-lazyloadxt’ ) before wp_enqueue_script( ‘jquery-lazyloadxt’ ) for compatibility with a3 Portfolio plugin which supports video slides
- Dev – Add new parameter $noscript boolen type for ‘a3_lazy_load_html’ and ‘a3_lazy_load_images’ filters to exclude or include noscript from content return of 3rd party plugins.
- Dev – Added default exclude class ‘a3-notlazy’ so developers can easily apply it to images that they don’t want Lazy Load to apply to.
1.0.1 – 2014/12/23
- Tweak – Applied lazy load for ‘wp_get_attachment_image_attributes’ filter tag for WordPress default [gallery] shortcode
- Tweak – Added link to a3 Lazy Load wordpress.org support forum on plugins description that show on plugins menu
- Dev – Defined ‘a3_lazy_load_enable’ function when Enable Lazy Load is set to ON. Plugin and Theme developers can use the function to edit their image attribute so that a3 lazy load script can apply to the images.
- Dev – Defined ‘a3_lazy_load_skip_classes’ filter tag. Developers can add another class css name for images that they don’t want lazy load applied too.
- Fix – Lazy Load does not apply to images added by shortcode, excluding the WordPress default [gallery] shortcode
1.0.0 – 2014/12/20
- First working release