Redirectioner allows WordPress admins to have control over their dead links and redirects from inside the admin panel. Redirectioner records all URLs that users have visited and allows the admin to easily create 301 and 302 redirects to valid pages on their site. Redirects can also be created based on the best possible match for the URL the visitor was most likely trying to reach.
Support & Bug Reports
If you’re in need of support or would like to file a bug report, please head over to our Github repository and create a new issue.
- Get list of 404 URLs as they happen inside the admin panel
- Easily redirect 404 URLs to existing pages or choose to ignore the 404 error
- Provides the ability to automatically create redirects based on the URL the visitor was most likely trying to visit
- Provide visitors with a list of suggested pages on the 404 page when a automatic redirect can not be made
- Ability to suggest tag and category pages
- Ability to create automatic redirect for misspelled tag and category pages
- Ability to view logs of hits to 404 pages and redirects including referrer data
- Ability to remove automatically remove redirects when the URL matches a new page or post permalink
- Ability to automatically remove manual and automatic redirects once they are no longer being used
- All features work with both pages and posts
- Create automatic redirects for any URL resolving to a single page or post that isn’t the current permalink
- Basic stats of plugin usage
Convert your 404 traffic by providing your site visitors with a better browsing experience and eliminate 404 URLs on your site.
Installation of 404 Redirect is simple:
404-redirected.zipand upload contents to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress Admin
- Use the
Settings -> 404 Redirectedoptions page to enable desired features.
suggested pages feature to work you need to edit your 404.php template file to include the following code:
- How long does it take for 404 URLs to start showing up?
As long as the “Capture incoming 404 URLs” option is enabled in the options section, the 404 URLs will show up in the captured list as soon as a visitor hits a 404 page.
- Will there be a slow down on my site when running the plugin?
No, there should be no noticeable slow down when running the plugin on your site.
- Will this plugin redirect my pages if I change my permalinks structure?
Yes! 404 Redirected records the page/post ID number and looks up the most current permalink before redirecting the user.
- Can I redirect all 404’s to a particular page?
No, that’s not what this plugin is for. This plugin is designed to make your visitors experience better by automatically fixing 404 problems caused by typos.
The functionality this plugin offers is incredible. More useful than any of the paid plugins I’ve purchased. Please ensure you keep updating this – I think you can have a real powerhouse here, along the lines of Yoast etc.
hello thank you for your plugin but I have a problem: I got blank pages when I activate your plugin for all 404 error pages. tried with automatic redirection and suggested posts.
After spending a considerate amount adding old URL’s they just disappeared for no reason.
Also, the plugin does not capture any 404 URL’s.
This plugin is not reliable at all. Many times I have set 404 redirects in this plugin only to come back a few days later and find all redirects gone.
Love this plugin, its simple and have everything i need, thank you.
Maybe function to redirect all to specific page eg:home would would be a bonus, also small wp-admin dashboard widget would be grate. Just an idea.
Was broken after 1.4.2, but 1.4.3 fixed it.
Thank you for the great support, this is definitely the best 404 Plugin!
(For some reason this site shows my rating as 2 stars, it should be 5 stars…)
Contributors & Developers
“Redirectioner” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed parse error on PHP <5.4 due to use of short array syntax. #30
- Rename to Redirectioner
- Update branding links
- Fixed broken pagination counts. #17
- Fixed PHP notices on admin screen. #24
- Fixed line-breaks in admin notices. #25
- Cleaned up query arguments handling. #28
- Fixed too strict data sanitation for the
- Fixed CSS class for suggested 404s div wrapper.
- Fixed bug where query vars were being stripped
- Fixed a bug caused by plugin incorrectly injecting end-points turning up as 404s
- Fixed log purging issues
- Fixed a SQL bug
- Fixed a bug where logs wouldn’t get deleted
- Fixed a bug where deactivating and activating the plugin would reset the stats to 0
- Fixed various PHP notices
- Updating a bug where a check for an ancient MySQL version would throw an error
- Fixing integer bug in SQL query
- General debug errors fixed as well.
- Introducing WordPress Coding Standards
- Removing exotic translation function and replacing with default translation setup. In other words, the plugin is now translatable.
- Improved security hardening (bugfixing)
- Plugin takeover from rrolfe because of lack of maintenance in four years
- Data sanitization added where needed (everywhere)
- Fixed PHP notices
- Remember way back when 1.3.1 was released (yesterday) and I said the cron jobs were fixed? They weren’t. This update fixes crons for users who are upgrading by implementing a version check on the DB.
- Added upgrade script functionality by implementing DB version checking
- Performed general code cleanup to get rid of PHP NOTICES
- Fixed bug that caused cron jobs not to register properly – Stopped automatic deletion of redirects and logs from happening
- Added ability to sort redirects by number of hits
- Added new tools tab to admin page with purge options
- Fixed bug that caused plugin to ignore query string vars e.g. ?p=1234
- Fixed bug that caused duplicate redirects to be recorded
- Fixed bug causing feed URLs to be recorded as 404’s
- Fixed bug causing preview URLs to be recorded as 404’s
- Fixed bug causing trackback URLs to be recorded as 404’s
- General Code Clean Up
- Fixed missing page title on Stats tab
- Fixed bug causing posts/pages using