Logs 404 (Page Not Found) errors on your WordPress site. This can be useful for tracking down broken links or missing content. You can optionally record additional information such as IP addresses, user agents and referrers.
IMPORTANT: This plugin will not work if you use a caching/performance plugin that caches 404 responses. Please check that this isn’t the case before reporting a bug.
If you come across any bugs or have suggestions, please use the plugin support forums.
- Will this plugin work if a caching/performance plugin is active ?
The plugin has been tested with the following caching plugins, and should work even if they are active:
- W3 Total Cache
- WP Super Cache
- Hyper Cache (you must configure it not to cache 404 pages)
I have not tested it with other caching plugins, and there is a high chance that it will not work with many of them. Most of them will cache the response so that it cannot be logged.
This is a very handy plugin. Definitely recommended.
Does what it says on the tin and does it well. I use Yoast Pro so didn't want this to manage my redirections but just log the errors etc. Very happy with it
- Fix warning when DONOTCACHEPAGE has already been defined.
- Fix ‘headers already sent’ warning when deleting all messages.
- Compatible with WP 4.6.
- Fix deletion of old log entries.
- Added Hyper Cache to tested cache plugins.
- Added a dashboard widget to show latest 404 errors
- Minor compatibility tweaks for WP 4.3
- Add option to delete all log entries.
- Link IPs to DuckDuckGo’s !whois query
- Fix the database table to accommodate a large number of entries.
- Allow exporting of data to CSV.
- Add CSRF validation to settings page, and use built-in database methods where possible.
- Added options to ignore visits from bots, and visits without referrers. Props Eric Nagel.
- Add support for popular caching plugins.
- Remove some redundant code
- Bugfix: old entries were not properly deleted