Ever wanted to add a calendar of upcoming events in your company blog or add a simple list of birthdays in your family blog. Using the great service at 30boxes.com this is now possible.
This little plugin gives you the possibility to add one or event lists or calendars in your blogs sidebar or posts/pages.
The script offers three different types for embedding.
- a calendar widget which embeds a full calendar. This type is mainly intended to be used within pages or posts and will work smoothly with widths of 500 and above.
- a sidebar calendar widget which is compatible to the default WordPress post calendar and therefor should fit in most themes without any alterations. This calendar displays a small calendar of events in the current month.
- a eventlist which can be embedded in the sidebar or within posts and pages and shows your events as a list with description if you wish to.
Combined with the features 30Boxes offers, it is possible to collect your information from various places all over the net and aggregate them together within your blog.
See the 30bwidget blog for details and demo.
- Upload the 30boxes folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Where do I get more help and information
You might want to visit the 30bwidget blog to get more details and see this script in action.
Where do I find my 30Boxes URL
To find the 30Boxes URL needed for this widget, login to your 30Boxes account and go to http://30boxes.com/account and open the “sharing” tab.
The 30Boxes URL you need to enter can be revealed with a click on the Calendar link.
Depending on the view you selected this URL will have different values. So you can end up with several widgets for certain custom views or widgets which show private events or widgets that show only your public events with a tag ‘blog’ for example.