The SmugMug Embed block helps to embed images from SmugMug.com on your page or blog post. All you need to embed a SmugMug image is a SmugMug image URL. You do not need a SmugMug account to embed images.
Steps To Embed SmugMug Images on your Page or Post
1. Choose an Image from smugmug.com and find image URL
Search for an image from smugmug.com and select any image to embed on a page or post.
After choosing an image we want on our page or post, copy its URL from the address bar of our browser.
2. Copy the image URL
3. Add a SmugMug Embed block to your post or page
4. Paste the URL in the text box
5. Click the “Embed” button
A preview won’t be displayed.
If we use an URL that can’t be embedded, the block shows the message “Sorry, this content could not be embedded.”
You will have two choices: Try again with a different URL or convert it to a link.
6. Click on “Preview” to see how it will look
Besides the Mover and Drag & Drop Handle, the Block Toolbar for the SmugMug Embed block shows four buttons:
- Transform to
- Change alignment
- Edit URL, and
- More Options.
You can transform a SmugMug Embed block to a Group. This would give you the ability to change the background color around the SmugMug embed.
- Align left – Make the SmugMug post left aligned
- Align center – Make the SmugMug post alignment centered
- Align right – Make the SmugMug post align right
- Wide width – Increase the width of the post beyond the content size
- Full width – extend the SmugMug post to cover the full width of the screen.
“Wide width” and “Full width” alignment need to be enabled by the Theme of your site.
Via the edit URL, you can change the SmugMug URL in the embed block. Overwrite the existing URL and click on the “Embed” Button
These controls give you the option to copy, duplicate, and edit your block as HTML.
Besides the Advanced section, the SmugMug embed has only one setting in the “Block Settings” sidebar: Media Settings.
Via the Media Settings you can control the behavior of your post embed when viewed from a smaller device, like on a phone screen.
The Toggle switch turns on or off the resize functionality for smaller devices. The default setting is “on” or blue.
“Off:” This embed may not preserve its aspect ratio when the browser is resized. In the off position the toggle switch is gray.
“On:” This embed will preserve its aspect ratio when the browser is resized. The toggle switch turns blue in the “On” position.
The advanced tab lets you add a CSS class to your block, allowing you to write custom CSS and style the block as you see fit.
- Updated 2023-01-26
- Updated for formatting consistency
- Updated 2022-11-25
- Removed redundant content
- Aligned images for mobile view
- Added alt text to images
- Updated “More Options” sections: replaced screenshot and added text for “Move to” and “Copy”
- Updated 2020-08-20
- Updated 5.5 Screenshots
- Updated 2020-08-19
- Replaced “More Options” – new screenshot
- Added “Move To” and “Copy” section under More Options
- Update 2020-08-10
- Removed mention of ‘reusable blocks’ and added standard blocks
- Added Changelog Box
- Created 2020-07-02