With the Cloudup Embed block, you can embed contents from Cloudup into your posts and pages. You need a Cloudup account to be able to embed contents from Cloudup into your posts or pages.
Embedded Cloudup content:
Steps to Embed Cloudup content:
- Go to Cloudup.com and request an account to start using the service. You need an account to use the service.
- When/If you have a Cloudup account.
You can copy the custom links of the contents you want to embed on your page/post
- Add a Cloudup Embed Block to your post/page
- Paste the Cloudup link from step 2
- Click the “Embed” button
If it’s a link that can be successfully embedded you will see a preview in your editor.
If you use a URL that can’t be embedded, the block shows the message “Sorry, this content could not be embedded.” You will have two choices: Try again with a different URL or convert to link.
Besides the Mover and Drag & Drop Handle, the Block Toolbar for the Cloudup embed shows four buttons:
- Transform to
- Change alignment
- Edit URL, and
- More Options.
You can transform a Cloudup embed to a Group. This would give you the ability to change the background and text color around the Cloudup embed.
Change Alignment – use reusable Block
- Align left – Make the Cloudup embed post-left-aligned.
- Align center – Make the Cloudup embed post alignment centered.
- Align right – Make the Cloudup embed post-align-right.
- Wide width – Increase the width of the Cloudup embed post beyond the content size.
- Full width – extend the Cloudup embed post to cover the full width of the screen.
“Wide width” and “Full width” alignment need to be enabled by the Theme of your site.
Via the edit URL icon, you can change the Cloudup embed URL in the embed block. To overwrite the existing URL and click on the “Embed” button.
These controls give you the option to copy, duplicate, and edit your block as HTML.
Via the Media Settings, you can control the behavior of your post embed when viewed from a smaller device, like on a phone screen.
The Toggle switch turns on or off the resize functionality for smaller devices. The default setting is “on” or blue.
“Off:” This embed may not preserve its aspect ratio when the browser is resized. In the off position, the toggle switch is gray.
“On:” This embed will preserve its aspect ratio when the browser is resized. The toggle switch turns blue in the “On” position.
The advanced tab lets you add a CSS class to your block, allowing you to write custom CSS and style the block as you see fit.
- Updated 2022-11-26
- Removed redundant content
- Aligned images for mobile view
- Added alt text to images
- Created 2020-08-24