On July 12, 2022, WordPress 6.0.1 was released to the public.
To get this version, update automatically from the Dashboard > Updates menu in your site’s admin area or visit https://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/.
For step-by-step instructions on installing and updating WordPress:
If you are new to WordPress, we recommend that you begin with the following:
- New To WordPress – Where to Start
- First Steps With WordPress or Upgrading WordPress Extended
- WordPress Lessons
This maintenance release features 13 bug fixes in Core and 18 bug fixes for the block editor.
The following core tickets from Trac were fixed:
- #55668 – skipOnAutomatedBranches() does not work as expected, take 2
- #55681 – block-templates theme support not present in /themes REST API endpoint
- #55808 – About page: Replace video thumbnail image
- #55810 – Twenty Ten: Unbump version number due to lack of functional changes.
- #55837 – WP_Term_Query cache problem
- #55890 – Option ‘user_count’ not initalized or updated on single sites
- #55997 – Remove meetup from oembed allow list
- #56058 – Backport bug fixes from Gutenberg into Core for WP 6.0.1
- #56093 – Register Comments Query Loop from metadata to enable title and description translation.
- #56097 – Theme preview is bugged for all themes in the directory
- #56126 – Pattern keywords are not passed through from pattern directory
- #56163 – Default template for new posts should be “Single,” not “404”
- #56197 – Continued post lock data inconsistencies
The following block editor issues from GitHub were fixed:
- PR40329 – Media & Text: Remove font size declaration from template
- PR40560 – Refactor: Reuse code of the editor placeholder across Post Comments and Post Comments Form
- PR40563 – Improve the logic for warnings for Post Comments Form placeholder
- PR40593 – [Block Library – Latest Posts]: Prevent opening the links in editor
- PR40671 – Navigation block “Open on click”: Inherit font style and font weight
- PR40710 – Fix/block meta icon prop errors
- PR40799 – Ensure only the main query is modified when resolving template for new posts
- PR40859 – Strip whitespaces in render_block_core_cover
- PR41328 – Handle no variation case in the block transform menu
- PR41354 – Block Library: Fix JS Error in Avatar Block
- PR41423 – Lower the priority of the gallery gap css so it loads after the block layout css
- PR41487 – Add utility classnames back to blocks that have layout attributes specified
- PR41603 – Post Comments Form: Add button that enables commenting to warning
- PR41627 – Comments Block: fixed issue with custom font sizes and links color
- PR41631 – Comment Author and Date blocks: aligned editor markup with the frontend
- PR41827 – Post Template: Ensure layout classnames are not attached to inner li elements
- PR41844 – Webfonts API: Document fontFace and it’s values in theme.json schema
- PR41907 – Pasting: Fix performance regression due to removeWindowsFragments
- PR42131 – Post Comments Form: Fix warning i18n
The 6.0.1 release was led by @sergeybiryukov and @zieladam.
Thank you to everyone who helped make WordPress 6.0.1 happen:
Adam Zielinski, Addie, Adil Öztaşer, Andrew Serong, annezazu, Bernie Reiter, Carlos Bravo, Carolina Nymark, Channing Ritter, Colin Stewart, Clement Boirie, Daniel Iser, denishua, Dion Hulse, Erik Betshammar, Gabriel Rose, George Mamadashvili, George Stephanis, Glen Davies, Grant M. Kinney, Greg Ziółkowski, ironprogrammer, James Koster, Jb Audras, jnz31, Jonathan Desrosiers, Jonny Harris, Kelly Choyce-Dwan, Knut Sparhell, Luis Herranz, Maggie Cabrera, manfcarlo, Manzur Ahammed, Matias Ventura, Michal Czaplinski, Miguel Fonseca, Mukesh Panchal, navigatrum, Nick Diego, Nik Tsekouras, Pascal Birchler, Peter Wilson, Presskopp, Ramon James Dodd, Ravikumar Patel, Riad Benguella, Sami Keijonen, Sergey Biryukov, Timothy Jacobs, tobifjellner (Tor-Bjorn Fjellner), Trinadin, and Ulrich Pogson.
List of updated packages
@firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org @email@example.com @firstname.lastname@example.org
List of Files Revised
wp-admin/css/themes-rtl.css wp-admin/css/themes-rtl.min.css wp-admin/css/themes.css wp-admin/css/themes.min.css wp-admin/includes/misc.php wp-admin/about.php wp-content/themes/twentyten/readme.txt wp-content/themes/twentyten/style.css wp-includes/assets/script-loader-packages.php wp-includes/block-supports/layout.php wp-includes/blocks/comment-author-name/block.json wp-includes/blocks/comment-date/block.json wp-includes/blocks/comment-edit-link/block.json wp-includes/blocks/comment-reply-link/block.json wp-includes/blocks/navigation/style-rtl.css wp-includes/blocks/navigation/style-rtl.min.css wp-includes/blocks/navigation/style.css wp-includes/blocks/navigation/style.min.css wp-includes/blocks/post-comments-form/editor-rtl.css wp-includes/blocks/post-comments-form/editor-rtl.min.css wp-includes/blocks/post-comments-form/editor.css wp-includes/blocks/post-comments-form/editor.min.css wp-includes/blocks/comment-date.php wp-includes/blocks/cover.php wp-includes/blocks/gallery.php wp-includes/blocks/index.php wp-includes/blocks/post-template.php wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/editor-rtl.css wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/editor-rtl.min.css wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/editor.css wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/editor.min.css wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style-rtl.css wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style-rtl.min.css wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style.css wp-includes/css/dist/block-library/style.min.css wp-includes/js/dist/block-directory.js wp-includes/js/dist/block-directory.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/block-editor.js wp-includes/js/dist/block-editor.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/block-library.js wp-includes/js/dist/block-library.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/blocks.js wp-includes/js/dist/blocks.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/components.js wp-includes/js/dist/components.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/compose.js wp-includes/js/dist/compose.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/customize-widgets.js wp-includes/js/dist/customize-widgets.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/data.js wp-includes/js/dist/data.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/edit-post.js wp-includes/js/dist/edit-post.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/edit-site.js wp-includes/js/dist/edit-site.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/edit-widgets.js wp-includes/js/dist/edit-widgets.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/editor.js wp-includes/js/dist/editor.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/keyboard-shortcuts.js wp-includes/js/dist/keyboard-shortcuts.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/plugins.js wp-includes/js/dist/plugins.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/server-side-render.js wp-includes/js/dist/server-side-render.min.js wp-includes/js/dist/viewport.js wp-includes/js/dist/viewport.min.js wp-includes/rest-api/endpoints/class-wp-rest-pattern-directory-controller.php wp-includes/block-template.php wp-includes/class-wp-oembed.php wp-includes/class-wp-term-query.php wp-includes/option.php wp-includes/theme.php wp-includes/version.php