I've added simpletest support to the project. And I'm also releasing 4.7.5 with unit tests. So developers who want to continue on that are more than welcome :)
Guys, I'm also placing the project under http://github.com/isa/ProPlayer. I won't be able to continue the work as much since I've tons of other stuff to focus right now. It's under Apache2 license as I mentioned before, so please fork your patches add-ons and let me know. Otherwise I'll probably remove the project from WordPress..
- Added support to use wp-config files configured one level above for security reasons. (Big thanks to Kai Armstrong for his patch)
- Security fix (reported exploit)
- Minor Bug fixes (like IE7 problem)
- Visualizer plugin support disabled by default
- Markdown plugin conflict which causes youtube playlist, dailymotion and youku problems is fixed
- Same image was shown for the playlist, fixed now
- Minor Bug fixes
- Support for displaying playlist on desired position
- FlashVar overrides, please look at the all supported flashvars from: author's site
- Flow View support for media files in the playlist
- Subtitle support
- Shortcut support: Up/Down arrow keys for Volume Up/Down, Left/Right arrow keys for Pre/Next media file
- RTMP syntax change
- Quicktags syntax change
- Bug fixes for custom preview image, dailymotion, and veoh
- Support for fixed positions, custom pages and templates
- Dailymotion bug is fixed
- Some conflicts with other plugins has been removed
- Minor bug fixes
- Youku support
- Title support for each video source
- Session based XML playlists are replaced by DB based XML playlists
- In playlists, each video has its own preview image
- User/Server related problems are grouped into a single error
- All video calculations are speeded up
- Lots of bug-fixing
- Lots of refactorings
- YouTube access speed up
- Direct YouTube access and YouTube over proxy support
- Some minor bug fixes
- Major architectural changes
- Full preview image support
- Caching support
- Cache timout option
- Enhanced Youtube support
- Sidebar player support (add as widget)
- Re-supported Dailymotion
- JW Media player upgraded to 4.4
- Google video fix
- Youtube fix
- Complete cURL implementation
- Longtail AdSolutions support
- Embedding / Sharing support (Viral)
- RTMP streaming support
- HD video support for YouTube
- Minor enhancements and refactorings
- Image attribute for setting custom preview images has been added.
- Permalink and tag cloud bug is fixed.
- XML problems are fixed.
- More PHP bug-fixes.
- JW FLV Media Player downgraded since it has dynamic playlist bugs
- Stupid WP design problem (comes with register globals option) that causes the those stupid PHP problems is fixed.
- Register Globals support (Please try to use register_globals = off for your security, if your host is not doing this, they've definitely misunderstanding on how PHP works, PHP6 doesn't even contain register globals option anymore..)
- JW FLV Media Player upgraded to 4.3
- Couple more stupid PHP warnings are fixed for early releases (5.0, 5.0.x, etc)
- More wider PHP support
- Couple stupid PHP warnings are fixed for early releases (5.0, 5.0.x, etc)
- More wider PHP support
- Youtube playlist support
- Custom playlists
- Multiple playlist (one custom, one youtube, etc)
- Added auto play option to the options page
- Added repeat option to the options page
- Added auto play support (by adding autostart='true')
- Added repeat support (by adding repeat='true')
- Some minor bug fixes to increase PHP support
- Title bug fix for rating system
- Performance optimizations
- Added ProPlayer button to WordPress default post editor toolbar
- Added ProPlayer quicktag to the HTML view
- Added support for multiple video in one post
- Some problematic dailymotion, youtube video resolution have been fixed.
- Added preview image support for Youtube, Vimeo and Veoh
- Default preview image support
- Some minor bugs are fixed
- Added 26 new skins [Stylish v1.1 (Default), Blue Metal, Grunge Tape, 3D Pixel Style, Atomic Red, Overlay, Comet, Control Panel, DangDang, Fashion, Festival, Ice Cream Sneaka, Kleur, Magma, Metarby 10, Stylish v1.0, Nacht, Neon, Pearlized, Pixelize, Playcasso, Schoon, Silvery White, Simple, Snel, Stijl, Traganja]
- Added customized skin addition option
- Added Visualizer support for audio files
- Added Rating support for all media files (by Rate it all)
- Added Watermark/Logo support for all media files
- Added options page
- Customizable skin
- Customizable colors
- Customizable default width and height options
- Customizable video stretching options (fill, uniform, exact fit, none)
- Usage changed from <pro-player> to [pro-player]
- Some bug fixes
Visuzalizer plugin has known issues by its author. So please don't try on Firefox 3.08 on OSX. There might be problem on other OS/browser combinations. I don't have a list for that. I just know that there is a known issue.
Ad plugin from Longtail has its own issues. There will be a bug fix release after these guys fix their code-base.
Unfortunately I didn't implement a perfect ID detection algorithm. So you sometimes have to manually strip the irrelevant tags from the link URL. For example:
you should place:
This is not mandatory. However, some videos doesn't work if you don't strip the irrelevant text from the video URL.
In some cases, the whitespaces before/after link URL can cause some problems. If you don't want any problems, just please pay attention to not use whitespaces before and after the video URL.
One limitation about playlists. If you have hundreds videos (if files are not hosted by your server) in your playlist, you might have some delay on page loads. For performance-wise, please don't use more than 10-20 items. And if possible, please grab all your videos from same source. No problem with playing, I'm just commenting this to inform you.
Longtail AdSolutions mid-roll ads are incompatible with visualizer and embedding. So if you turn on embedding/sharing or visualizer you cannot see mid-roll ads. Please make sure that you're using pre-roll or post-roll ads if you wanna turn these options on.
When you add a RTMP file, make sure that all your playlist contains songs/videos from same server. No mixed playlist allowed!