{"id":9858249,"date":"2018-01-12T11:17:08","date_gmt":"2018-01-12T11:17:08","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/error-messages-bug-with-latest-update\/"},"modified":"2018-01-12T11:17:08","modified_gmt":"2018-01-12T11:17:08","slug":"error-messages-bug-with-latest-update","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/error-messages-bug-with-latest-update\/","title":{"rendered":"Error messages\/bug with latest update"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi there<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve just updated to the latest version of Membership 2 (ie. from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2) and it seems that error messages are no longer being shown on the registration page eg. if the user name is left blank, instead of showing &#8220;Please enter a username&#8221;, the sign up fails and a red\/pink bar appears over the user name field but no actual error message is displayed.<\/p>\n<p>The same thing happens with any validation errors ie. pink bar appears, sign up fails but no error message is displayed.<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;ve tested this by uninstalling Version 4.1.2 and re-installing 4.1.1 and everything works fine again.  (I&#8217;m using the latest versions of WordPress and Buddypress and since all works OK with the previous version of Membership 2, I can only assume it&#8217;s something that&#8217;s been overlooked in the latest update?)<\/p>\n<p>My site isn&#8217;t currently online, but I would assume this should be fairly easy to replicate.<\/p>\n<p>With many thanks for any thoughts.<\/p>\n<p>Nik<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-9858249","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9858249","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9858249\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=9858249"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}