{"id":9840254,"date":"2018-01-06T21:20:07","date_gmt":"2018-01-06T21:20:07","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/plugin-causing-media-library-to-hang-as-administrator\/"},"modified":"2018-01-06T21:20:07","modified_gmt":"2018-01-06T21:20:07","slug":"plugin-causing-media-library-to-hang-as-administrator","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/plugin-causing-media-library-to-hang-as-administrator\/","title":{"rendered":"Plugin causing Media Library to hang as Administrator"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Hi there,<\/p>\n<p>I had a problem with my WordPress website which is a large resource library which uses Advanced Custom Fields Pro to allow Admins to attach files to Posts via a repeater field. The problem was that if I was logged in as an Administrator, selecting &#8216;Add file&#8217; on the custom field brought up the Media Library but all I got was the spinning wheel and wasn&#8217;t able to select anything. However when logged in as an Editor it was fine.<\/p>\n<p>By going through my pluggins and turning them all off then turning them back on one by one, I am able to tell that the cause of this problem is the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin. I only get this issue with the plugin turned on.<\/p>\n<p>The other weird thing is that the problem only exists on the live website which is nginx and not on the staging site which is Apache!<\/p>\n<p>I&#8217;m mystified by this, for now I&#8217;ve disabled Regen Thumbnails but does anyone have any clues about what could be going on here?<\/p>\n<p>Much appreciated<br \/>\nKevin<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-9840254","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry","topic-tag-media-library"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9840254","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9840254\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=9840254"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}