{"id":9827890,"date":"2018-01-02T18:48:22","date_gmt":"2018-01-02T18:48:22","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/?post_type=topic&#038;p=9827890"},"modified":"2018-01-04T13:25:02","modified_gmt":"2018-01-04T13:25:02","slug":"introduction","status":"closed","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/introduction\/","title":{"rendered":"Introduction"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>After 5 years of inacitivity, I&#8217;m back! I apologize! I did not expect the plugin to retain its usefulness. I&#8217;m well aware there are other options that exist and I couldn&#8217;t be happier that there are simpler options and alternatives!<\/p>\n<p>The latest truly-stable release is 3.4.0. 3.4.0+ are my attempts to greatly improve speed and performance and are currently experimental, however should work for many websites, so I&#8217;ve made them the &#8220;latest stable&#8221;.<\/p>\n<p><a href=\"https:\/\/downloads.wordpress.org\/plugins\/wordpress-https.zip\" rel=\"noopener\" target=\"_blank\">Latest Development Build 3.4.2<\/a><br \/>\n<a href=\"https:\/\/downloads.wordpress.org\/plugin\/wordpress-https.3.4.0.zip\" rel=\"noopener\" target=\"_blank\">Stable 3.4.0<\/a><\/p>\n<p><strong>Roadmap<\/strong><br \/>\n<strong>3.5.0<\/strong><br \/>\n[Feature] Automated testing <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/mvied\/wordpress-https\/issues\/57\">#57<\/a><br \/>\n[Feature] Store URL cache in a table to increase performance for large sites <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/mvied\/wordpress-https\/issues\/25\">#25<\/a><br \/>\n[Bug] Compatibility with multi-lingual websites <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/mvied\/wordpress-https\/issues\/42\">#42<\/a><br \/>\n[Bug] Cross-browser cookie issues on Shared SSL <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/mvied\/wordpress-https\/issues\/27\">#27<\/a><br \/>\n[Bug] Multisite links broken <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/mvied\/wordpress-https\/issues\/46\">#46<\/a><\/p>\n<p><strong>3.4.2<\/strong><br \/>\n[Bug] Patch issue causing insecure content errors. If you are still having issues after updating, please revert to 3.4.0 and let me know in the support forum.<br \/>\n<strong>3.4.1<\/strong><br \/>\n[Feature] Content Fixer is now optional in the plugin settings. This option should be on by default and is the preferred method to use the plugin.<br \/>\n[Feature] Output buffering optional via <code>wordpress_https_parser_ob<\/code> filter. <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/mvied\/wordpress-https\/issues\/56\">#56<\/a><br \/>\n[Bug] External resources being changed to local URL <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/mvied\/wordpress-https\/issues\/59\">#59<\/a><br \/>\n[Bug] Added RSS permalink to filtered URLs.<br \/>\n[Bug] Remove network defaults on uninstall.<br \/>\n[Bug] Fixed displaying of Admin CSS when <code>site_url<\/code> is HTTP. <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/mvied\/wordpress-https\/issues\/58\">#58<\/a><br \/>\n[Bug] Fixed issues displaying and resetting network settings introduced by 3.4.0.<br \/>\n<strong>3.4.0<\/strong><br \/>\nTested with WordPress v4.9.1<br \/>\nMany improvements to performance. Special thanks to <a href=\"https:\/\/github.com\/heshiming\">He Shiming<\/a> for help with profiling and improvements.<br \/>\nAdded internal caching to Parser module to drastically reduce queries.<br \/>\nAdded checks for Domain Mapping plugin.<br \/>\nRenamed Domain Mapping featured to URL Mapping to reduce confusion with Domain Mapping plugin.<br \/>\nAdded ability to map both to and from HTTPS with URL Mapping.<br \/>\nAdded ability to also map local resources using URL Mapping.<br \/>\nFixed bug when external resources contained a port number, the port was not removed when testing for HTTPS.<br \/>\nExternal HTTPS elements on HTTP pages will now stay HTTPS.<br \/>\nFonts should now be properly secured.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-9827890","topic","type-topic","status-closed","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9827890","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":3,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9827890\/revisions"}],"predecessor-version":[{"id":9827917,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9827890\/revisions\/9827917"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=9827890"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}