{"id":9823734,"date":"2017-12-31T14:18:42","date_gmt":"2017-12-31T14:18:42","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/registration-forms-2\/"},"modified":"2017-12-31T14:18:42","modified_gmt":"2017-12-31T14:18:42","slug":"registration-forms-2","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/registration-forms-2\/","title":{"rendered":"Registration Forms"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I&#8217;m having problems with the registration page(s) and wonder if you can help as follows &#8211;<\/p>\n<p>Buddypress had already created a page called &#8220;register&#8221;<br \/>\nM2 has created a page called &#8220;register-2&#8221;<\/p>\n<p>I have changed the settings in M2 to &#8220;Use Buddypress Registration&#8221; and I have set the register page in Buddypress to &#8220;none&#8221;.<\/p>\n<p>Not sure which is correct, but I&#8217;ve tried setting either &#8220;register&#8221; or &#8220;register-2&#8221; as the Registration page in M2 and they look (mostly) OK, however, I&#8217;ve noticed a couple of issues as follows &#8211;<\/p>\n<p>1) I&#8217;ve written a function (to hide a field) which is triggered if ( bp_is_register_page() ) but unfortunately this is bypassed\/not recognised when using M2.  Is there perhaps a similar check I can do for &#8220;is M2 register page&#8221; perhaps?<\/p>\n<p>2) With the BP registration form, a warning was triggered if the user entered a &#8220;weak password&#8221; which doesn&#8217;t seem to happen when using M2.  I&#8217;m wondering if this is possibly related to the above issue (although not a function I&#8217;d written myself).<\/p>\n<p>My questions are therefore as follows &#8211;<\/p>\n<p>Have I taken the correct steps?<br \/>\nIf so, which register page (ie. register.php or register-2.php) should I set as the M2 regisration page?<br \/>\nAny way of resolving the two issues mentioned above (ie. function to identify M2 registration page) so that it behaves in the same way (ie. same appearance\/validation\/checks) as my BP registration page?<\/p>\n<p>Hope this makes sense and with many thanks in advance.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-9823734","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9823734","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9823734\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=9823734"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}