{"id":9301345,"date":"2017-07-08T17:30:37","date_gmt":"2017-07-08T17:30:37","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/documentation-help\/"},"modified":"2017-07-08T17:30:37","modified_gmt":"2017-07-08T17:30:37","slug":"documentation-help","status":"publish","type":"topic","link":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/topic\/documentation-help\/","title":{"rendered":"Documentation help"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>I&#8217;m trying to set up an &#8220;indieweb compliant&#8221; blog now, and I feel like I just don&#8217;t quite understand what&#8217;s going on with this plugin. \ud83d\ude42 Here&#8217;s a few questions that would <em>really<\/em> help me get a handle on things, and might be good for documentation purposes in general. I&#8217;m a technical writer and would be happy to help work on documentation for you if you&#8217;d like, but I need to clear up my own confusion first.<\/p>\n<p>What&#8217;s the relationship between &#8220;Post Kinds&#8221; and WP&#8217;s native &#8220;Post Formats?&#8221; Do I have to set both of them, or should I just be ignoring Formats if I&#8217;m using Kinds?<\/p>\n<p>What&#8217;s the relationship between the &#8220;Post Properties&#8221; box and the main edit box? What I mean is that it seems for some post kinds (e.g., notes and articles), you don&#8217;t need to fill in anything in post properties, but for other post kinds it seems like you shouldn&#8217;t fill in anything for the main entry field and instead do <em>everything<\/em> in the properties box.<\/p>\n<p>Last but not least: are there any tips for CSS styling kinds in a theme? Is there a way to tell the plugin &lt;i&gt;not&lt;\/i&gt; to automatically insert the SVG icon denoting the kind if I don&#8217;t want it?<\/p>\n<p>(I&#8217;m serious about the documentation help offer, by the way, if you&#8217;re interested)<\/p>\n","protected":false},"template":"","class_list":["post-9301345","topic","type-topic","status-publish","hentry"],"jetpack_sharing_enabled":true,"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9301345","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/topic"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/topic\/9301345\/revisions"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/wordpress.org\/support\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=9301345"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}